The Client Solutions Group is Macquarie Asset Management’s integrated client facing platform that looks to maximise client touchpoints, enable strategic relationships, improve coordination with different contacts across Macquarie, leverage client relationships, develop product, operate efficiently, and provide career development opportunities for staff.
Work in the Client Solutions Group as the Strategy and Execution Director to support the Head of the Group in delivering the Vision, Strategy and Execution of the Group’s business plan. As a critical partner to the business, you will enhance the capacity of the Group Head, focus on key strategic initiatives to translate these into projects and goals which are then implemented. You will help ensure the Group is fit for purpose in a rapidly changing Asset Management industry and environment. In addition, you will work with the Leadership Team to shape and execute strategic and operational plans.
As an integral part of the Leadership Team, you will be expected to both shape and implement strategy. You will proactively contribute across the Group’s key strategic pillars: enhancing the client experience, in a globally consistent way, increasing productivity through enhanced distribution intelligence and sales enablement, and operating an efficient frontier distribution platform.
This role exists within the broader staff architecture of our Client Solutions Group and across our Asset Management divisions. As such, there are a series of critical inter-dependencies and collaborations that are important in this role. Accordingly, you will be capable of fostering a culture of best practice working in a collegiate and inclusive manner with our global teams and stakeholder groups.
Responsibilities will require you to:
- lead and coordinate globally the annual Group budget and business plan, including strategic resourcing, key strategic initiatives, marketing and events, and people plans, all supported by key performance indicators (KPIs);
- develop a robust framework for the measurement and monitoring of the business on a monthly, quarterly, and annual cycle.
- Work with Enterprise and Business Finance on a Management Information System (MIS) that supports the delivery of agreed and required metrics for reporting against budget and KPIs both within the Group and to key stakeholder groups outside of the Group.
- develop with the Regional Business Managers a globally consistent approach to critical business analysis, including monitoring and reporting on resource efficiency, revenue targets, AUM, clients, costs and office arrangements;
- develop a process and cadence for the identification, implementation and coordination of key strategic initiatives with a focus on delivering incremental global consistency across the total client experience, and moving the Group closer to the efficient frontier, with technology a key enabler;
- be responsible for the productivity and performance measurement model and in partnership with the Group Regional Heads and Regional Business Managers, ensure it is kept up to date, and recommend on enhancements to ensure it is relevant in an evolving business landscape;
- work with key stakeholders with the half year and year-end talent review processes including the required reporting, including performance measurement analysis;
- develop the thinking on strategic client partnerships and how to evolve these relationships in the context of the Asset Management Group and delivering “more, from fewer, for less”;
- lead and coordinate the production of the quarterly Infrastructure & Real Assets Funds-in-Market updates and the same for relevant external League Table submissions;
- support the Head of Group with ownership and coordination of agendas, minutes & actions and follow-up for relevant team meetings and offsites; and presentations and speaking scripts for media, staff meetings, panels, and conferences.
You will aspire to be a part of a high performing team. You will be collaborative, inclusive, collegiate, communicative and transparent. You will be a strategic thinker with a strong attention to detail.
With the experience and ability to form and maintain excellent global international relationships across a suite of junior and senior stakeholders, you will use your excellent communication skills and willingness to adapt your style to suit the situation and personalities involved and to influence senior management across the business.
You will be experienced in project management, with strong multi-tasking skills and be comfortable both delegating workload and executing directly & proactively.
Your strategic orientation to create sustainable change with an execution mindset, collaborative work style and willingness to share knowledge will be well placed in this role.
As a highly self-motivated and entrepreneurial individual, you will use your learning mindset and passion for continuous improvement to drive and appetite to increase new opportunities across the business.
Your prior experience in a complex operational leadership role, significant experience in the investment management industry and involvement with capital raising, fund finance, open-ended products and operations and investor services, launching products and knowledge and experience of operating in regulatory markets globally will be relevant in this role.
About Macquarie Asset Management
Macquarie Asset Management is a large scale, global asset manager, providing clients with access to a diverse range of capabilities and products across infrastructure, real estate, natural resources, private credit, fixed income, equities, multi-asset and liquid alternatives. As at 31 March 2020, Macquarie Asset Management has $A606.9 billion of assets under management.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
We recognise that flexibility comes in a variety of forms. Talk to us about what flexibility you need.