Join our Corporate Affairs team as an experienced Communications Director to provide strategic communications initiatives for Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets Americas (MIRA) business, the world's largest private manager of infrastructure assets. This position will be located in New York, NY.
In this highly visible role, you will act as a communications leader, helping to curate the reputation of Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets in the Americas, through a full range of corporate communications activities to support the business. Employing the full range of communications channels, you will engage external audiences through proactive and reactive media of top-tier and specialized trade publications, strategic communications support for transactions, issues and crisis management, investor communications to support Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets public and private funds and working closely with Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets portfolio companies and their stakeholders to manage reputational issues. You will work closely in a tactical and consultative capacity with the global Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets Corporate Affairs team to support a range of marketing and client communication activities including the development of thought-leadership and content for social media as well supporting Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets regional leadership team on a range of internal communications initiatives.
Working in a dynamic environment across time zones, you will be required to develop strong relationships across Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets local and global businesses to become a trusted advisor on communications matters.
You will ideally have experience working in financial services, asset management or professional services, preferably with private equity-related experience (either in-house or at an agency) and have a proven track record of working on complex transactions, managing multiple stakeholders and building strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
Your additional key responsibilities will include:
- lead communications efforts in the Americas to tell the Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets story, planning corporate and business-specific external affairs initiatives in conjunction with the Global Head of Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets Corporate Affairs and our leadership
- develop a proactive media outreach plan, respond to media requests and pitch Macquarie's personnel and expertise to appropriate journalists
- work with the Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets team to develop communications strategies in support of acquisitions, divestitures and development projects
- liaise with executives and communications professional in assets owned and managed by Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets to coordinate responses to press inquiries concerning Macquarie, on key corporate developments, on public affairs issues that might impact Macquarie, on crisis communications, etc.
- work with Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets Corporate Affairs to develop content marketing and client communications to develop thought leadership and social media content
- work with internal partners in Legal and Compliance to ensure appropriate messaging is developed and vetted
- support internal communications and other communications initiatives as required.
- support the investor relations teams in both the listed and unlisted funds with their communications requirements
- interact with Corporate Affairs team members around the world to ensure informed and coordinated responses to media inquiries
To be successful, you’ll need to bring the following:
- a relevant degree and 10+ years’ experience within a range of similar roles
- deep understanding of the financial services industry and private equity-style investing
- media relations skills and experience in developing effective strategic communications strategies and campaigns that deliver strong business results
- existing relationships with journalists covering financial services and the markets
- strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- ability to think strategically and operate within a growing and global team that brings a "roll up your sleeves" mentality to the required work
- proven ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to a variety of audiences
- proven ability to work collaboratively and collegially with a wide range of stakeholders
- experience in interfacing with senior executives and developing a reputation as a trusted advisor
- ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment while meeting varying deadlines
- a proactive thinker who can develop new and innovative public relation approaches
- understanding of social media
If this sounds like the right opportunity to further your career, apply online now.
For more information, visit www.macquarie.com/careers
For 25 years, MIRA has partnered with clients, governments and communities to finance, manage and develop essential real assets. Today, MIRA’s portfolio is relied upon by more than 100 million people every day. Our team of over 800 people invests in businesses that underpin economies and communities – aiming to add real and lasting value for our clients and the people our assets serve. MIRA manages $US129 billion in assets, including: 155 portfolio businesses, approximately 600 properties and 4.7 million hectares of farmland. For more information visit www.mirafunds.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.