Our marketing department is looking to bring on a marketing specialist, copy editor and proofreader to be an instrumental part of our investment management business.
This is a 12-24-month fixed term role.
In this role, you’ll be a key contributor in developing editorial content for mutual fund shareholder reports and quarterly fund commentaries. You’ll use your strong writing skills to make sure that all external communications are well written, grammatically correct, and appropriate for the shareholder audience. As a copy editor, you will proofread and mark up written and digital work for spelling, grammar, punctuation, syntax, usage, consistency and brand voice.
Being the lead editor for mutual fund annual reports, you’ll work closely with editorial colleagues for consistency across jobs, as well as with the compliance and legal departments, fund administration and production teams to ensure timely delivery of content under very tight deadlines and a stringent regulatory environment.
You’ll work directly with internal partners – specifically, compliance and legal reviewers to ensure that comments within the mutual fund annual reports are appropriately addressed from both regulatory and marketing perspectives. Dealing directly with external clients – specifically, BNY Mellon ReportBuilder users – you’ll facilitate the automated composition of the shareholder reports while adhering to quality standards.
Ensuring style consistency for mutual fund shareholder reports and quarterly fund commentaries, you’ll focus on factchecking (performance numbers, holdings, names of stocks, and sources) and proofreading (grammatical errors, typographical and spelling), You’ll submit marked proofs for correction and check corrected proofs against returned copy. You’ll also work closely with marketing colleagues on general topics such as editing, style, context, and compliance/legal disclosures.
- bachelor’s degree, preferably in English
- a minimum of 2-3 years professional experience required in marketing/communications, preferably in the financial services industry, such as banking, insurance, or asset management
- exceptional understanding of English grammar, sentence structure, spelling, punctuation, and standard usage. Knowledge of Wall Street Journal style helpful
- mastery of Microsoft Office products
- experience with project management software, a plus
- understanding of the investment management environment, multiple products, and both fixed income and equity asset classes
- ability to interact with a wide variety of senior marketing and investment professionals in drafting, editing, and delivering the assigned collateral
- excellent organizational and time management skills. Demonstrated project management experience, including coordination of multiple resources and deadlines
If this sounds like your next exciting opportunity, please apply today! To learn more about careers at Macquarie please visit www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie Investment Management is a global asset manager with offices throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, and Australia. As active managers, we prioritize autonomy and accountability at the team level in pursuit of opportunities that matter for clients. Our conviction-based, long-term approach has led institutional and individual clients to entrust us to manage $US248.6 billion in assets of June 30, 2019. In the US, retail investors recognize our Delaware Funds by Macquarie as one of the longest- standing mutual fund families, with more than 75 years in existence. Macquarie Investment Management is a division of Macquarie Asset Management, a global asset manager with $US387.9 billion in assets under management as of June 30, 2019.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.