Associate/Vice President, European Power Purchase Agreements
Job no: MacCap-947243
Work type: Full time
Group: Macquarie Capital
Division: Infrastructure & Energy
Recruiter: Emily Northcott
In this role, you will be responsible for managing relationships with Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) counterparties (specifically corporates and public bodies). You will also be responsible for keeping up to date on counterparties’ PPA capabilities, demand, preferred structures, prices and required approval processes.
You will be originating, negotiating and executing corporate PPAs for the Green Investment Group’s Investments as part of the transaction team and aligning origination strategies with the Green Investment Group and Macquarie offices globally.
Your other responsibilities will include:
- structuring, negotiating and executing corporate PPAs for investments as part of the European PPA team, and aligning structuring strategies with our Green Investment Group and Macquarie offices globally
- proactively developing new PPA products to optimise risk and reward between the Group’s equity investment, project finance banks and PPA counterparties’ requirements
- maintaining active relationships with corporate PPA advisors active in the European market to understand and develop optimal corporate PPA structures and to promote the Green Investment Group’s position with the advisors’ clients
- working closely with project finance banks and the Macquarie Capital team to ensure that PPAs always meet the highest standards of “bankability”
- it is expected that the role will involve development and execution of new credit enhancement tools, multi-buyer/aggregated PPAs and weather risk management tools, such as Proxy Revenue Swaps
- monitoring and providing updates to the business on PPA pricing and energy markets, trends and opportunities.
Other desirable skills include:
- a detailed understanding of structured energy transactions and contract negotiations (ISDA/EFET/bespoke PPA), as well as a deep understanding of project finance documentation, direct agreements, bank and corporate guarantees and intercreditor agreements
- a minimum of eight years’ experience from originating, structuring and negotiating long-term contracts
- a mathematical mind with a natural ability to understand (and affinity for discussing) complex cash flows, electricity flows, payoff formulas and settlement mechanics
- an ability to clearly convey complex, abstract concepts to people from many backgrounds
- a strong cross-cultural understanding, with an ability to understand (and be understood by) people from many countries and backgrounds
- a capability to manage complex projects and work as part of a transaction team
- confident personality with a humble approach, capable of representing our Green Investment Group in the best light to all relevant stakeholders
- an extroverted personality capable of actively managing tens of relationships across the region
- experience from structuring/pricing European and Asian commodity options is preferred
- experience from physical energy markets (scheduling/dispatching) is an advantage
- fluent in English and at least one other European language is preferred.
To apply to this exciting opportunity to join our Green Investment Group, apply now online or to learn more, visit www.macquarie.com/careers
Green Investment Group (GIG), a member of Macquarie Capital, is a specialist in green infrastructure principal investment, project delivery and portfolio management, and related services. Its track record, expertise and capability make it a global leader in green investment, dedicated to supporting the growth of the global green economy.
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Print application form