Associate / Vice President, Legal Counsel
Job no: MacCap-945420
Work type: Full time
Group: Macquarie Capital
Recruiter: Mehreen Naveed
Reporting to the Head of Macquarie Capital Legal in Asia and Head of Macquarie Capital in Asia, you will mainly cover Japan, but also other jurisdictions in the Asia region. Working closely with our Macquarie Capital teams, you will be primarily responsible for:
- reviewing and negotiating transaction documentation for Macquarie Capital's principal investments in various sectors with a focus on renewable energy development projects (including but not limited to solar, waste-to-energy, wind and battery projects) and liaising with the Macquarie Capital team, external lawyers, other advisers and internal approvers
- reviewing and negotiating services agreements and commercial agreements for Macquarie Capital’s principal investments and development projects (e.g. advisor engagement agreements, services agreements, offtake agreements, construction and maintenance agreements and purchase agreements)
- providing internal legal advice to the Macquarie Capital team and assisting in structuring and execution of transactions
- ensuring legal and compliance risks arising in the business' activities (including risks arising out of development projects and investee companies) are appropriately monitored and managed
- ensuring the business' participation in transactions complies with applicable laws, rules and policies and commitments to regulators
- delivering appropriate training and advice to maintain awareness of legal issues relevant to business activities.
You will have ideally 3-7 years PQE gained within private practice or an in-house environment, with experience in making private equity or principal investments in renewable energy or infrastructure. The position will be based in Macquarie Capital’s Tokyo office, and excellent verbal and written skills in both Japanese and English are a prerequisite for this role.
If this sounds like the right career move for you, please apply online today.
Macquarie Capital provides advisory and capital raising services to corporate and government clients involved in public mergers and acquisitions, private treaty acquisitions and divestments, debt and equity fund raising and corporate restructuring. It also undertakes principal investing activities globally in support of its client activities.
Advisory activities are divided into industry groups, reflecting key areas of expertise. With staff in 37 offices across 22 locations, Macquarie Capital is a truly global business. A role in the team will expose you to a dynamic working environment and the opportunity to contribute to high-profile transactions whilst working in a business with the best people in the industry.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available.
Advertised: Tokyo Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Print application form