At Macquarie, we offer exceptional opportunities to accelerate your career. A diversified international provider of investment banking and specialist financial services around the world, Macquarie is a forward-thinking, fast growing organization. In joining Macquarie, you will have the opportunity to work in an exciting, dynamic environment where your contribution is recognized from day one.
Today, Macquarie has over 3,200 professionals in 31 office locations across the Americas. A growing region, the Americas forms part of Macquarie's broader international network of more than 13,400 people in approximately 70 office locations in 28 countries.
The core to Macquarie's success is a unique philosophy and management approach. Our businesses have significant operating freedom, within defined risk parameters. This encourages a sense of ownership and entrepreneurial endeavor among our people and has led to a history of innovation.
Opportunity with Macquarie Capital
Macquarie Capital is a global division that offers graduates a dynamic working environment and exposure to multi-million dollar cross-border transactions. Macquarie Capital provides is comprised of our advisory, equity and debt capital markets, and execution teams, including specialist capabilities in project finance, mergers and acquisitions, takeovers and corporate restructuring advice and structured finance.
Macquarie Capital is seeking an Associate for its Infrastructure Group in the Toronto office. We are looking for talented and ambitious individuals who want to be part of our growth and drive their career forward.
Working closely with senior and intermediate members of the Macquarie Capital team, the role will include evaluating infrastructure investment opportunities, raising private and public capital, as well as providing advisory services to our clients. Specifically, responsibilities of the role will include:
- Conducting industry and market research
- Maintaining databases of pertinent financial statistics
- Financial modelling of transactions and corporate merger opportunities
- Assisting in the preparation of presentations to clients
- Preparing internal and external documentation
To be successful, you will:
- Have 3-6 years of experience in Investment banking and/or Private Equity, within the Infrastructure, Renewables or Utilities sectors (required)
- Have experiences in power generation, utility, and/or public private partnership
- Proven financial modeling experience
- Have studied Finance, Mathematics, Engineering, Accounting and/or Economics
- Possess strong numerical and analytical skills
- Have developed strong communication skills
- Display strong presentation skills
- Be proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Be regarded as an outstanding performer amongst your peers
- Be proactive, driven and entrepreneurial
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Macquarie takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.