2014 Full Time Opportunities - Macquarie Capital (Toronto & Calgary)
Macquarie Group (Macquarie) is a global provider of banking, financial, advisory, investment and funds management services. Macquarie provides a diversified range of services to institutional, corporate and retail clients and counterparties around the world. Founded in 1969, Macquarie operates in 28 countries and employs over 13,600 people as of March 31, 2013.
Opportunity with Macquarie Capital Group
Macquarie Capital Group is a global division that offers graduates a dynamic working environment and exposure to multi-million dollar cross-border transactions. Macquarie Capital provides is comprised of our advisory, equity and debt capital markets, and execution teams, including specialist capabilities in project finance, mergers and acquisitions, takeovers and corporate restructuring advice and structured finance. Macquarie Capital Global Resources team covers Metals & Mining and Oil & Gas with offices in 18 locations across the world and a dedicated 140+ strong resources investment bankers.
Macquarie Capital is currently looking to add 2 full time Analysts to Metals & Mining in Toronto, and Oil and Gas Resource team in Calgary. We are looking for talented and ambitious individuals who want to be part of our growth and drive their career forward to start in the summer of 2014.
Working closely with senior and intermediate members of the Macquarie Capital team, the role will include raising private and public capital, as well as providing advisory services to Canadian and International clients. Specifically, responsibilities of the role will include:
- Conducting industry and market research
- Maintaining databases of pertinent financial statistics
- Financial modelling of transactions and corporate and asset based valuations
- Assisting in the preparation of presentations to clients
- Preparing internal and external documentation
To be successful, you will:
- Have studied Finance, Mathematics, Engineering, Accounting and/or Economics
- Possess strong numerical and analytical skills
- Have developed strong communication skills
- Display strong presentation skills
- Be proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Be regarded as an outstanding performer amongst your peers
- Be proactive, driven and entrepreneurial
- Enrolment in the CFA program is considered an asset
- Prior work experience in Investment Banking, Sales and Trading, Accounting, or Mining or the Oil and Gas industry is preferred but not required
- Graduate in 2014 (Undergraduate Program)
We invite applications from candidates looking to take their first career step in a progressive, entrepreneurial, fast moving organization.
Please submit your cover letter and resume at www.macquarie.com/careers referring to job number 900626.