Macquarie Capital Analyst Opportunities
At Macquarie, we offer exceptional opportunities to accelerate your career. A diversified international provider of investment banking and specialist financial services around the world, Macquarie is a forward-thinking, fast growing organization. In joining Macquarie, you will have the opportunity to work in an exciting, dynamic environment where your contribution is recognized from day one.
Today, Macquarie has over 3,200 professionals in 31 office locations across the Americas. A growing region, the Americas forms part of Macquarie's broader international network of more than 13,400 people in approximately 70 office locations in 28 countries.
The core to Macquarie's success is a unique philosophy and management approach. Our businesses have significant operating freedom, within defined risk parameters. This encourages a sense of ownership and entrepreneurial endeavor among our people and has led to a history of innovation.
Opportunity with Macquarie Capital
Macquarie Capital is a global division that offers graduates a dynamic working environment and exposure to multi-million dollar cross-border transactions. Macquarie Capital provides is comprised of our advisory, equity and debt capital markets, and execution teams, including specialist capabilities in project finance, mergers and acquisitions, takeovers and corporate restructuring advice and structured finance.
Macquarie Capital is currently seeking 1-2 full time analyst to add to our team in Toronto. We are looking for talented and ambitious individuals who want to be part of our growth and drive their career forward.
Working closely with senior and intermediate members of the Macquarie Capital team, the role will include raising private and public capital, as well as providing advisory services to Canadian and International clients across a broad range of industries. A brief description of the role is as follows:
- Gain exposure to Macquarie's businesses, gain knowledge of the investment banking industry and develop a deep understanding of leveraged finance and private equity;
- Utilize and develop analytical, communication, marketing and sales skills;
- Prepare comparable debt and company valuation analyses; monitor leveraged finance and private equity market trends;
- Create financial models; perform scenario analyses and tests to examine the effects of various capital structure alternatives for a client;
- Organize and prepare presentations which explain industry trends, discuss client options, and recommend strategies to meet client goals; and
- Participate in and conduct due diligence sessions, a necessary component of financial transactions.
To be successful, an applicant will exhibit:
- A keen, long-term interest in investment banking and finance, including an interest in financial analysis and modeling techniques; experience with financial modeling, financing transactions and valuation techniques is strongly preferred;
- Drive, enthusiasm, creativity and excellent interpersonal skills;
- Strong quantitative and technical abilities;
- An outstanding academic record. While not required, completion of course work in finance, economics and accounting can provide a valuable foundation for the new analyst position;
- Personal integrity, initiative and leadership qualities;
- Strong verbal and written communications skills;
- Strong multi-tasking and time management skills;
- Ability to work as part of a team in an environment that demands excellence, time and energy; and
- Self-starter; ability to run with projects and take on significant responsibility early on.
We invite applications from candidates looking to take their first career step in a progressive, entrepreneurial, fast moving organization.
Please submit your cover letter, resume online at www.macquarie.com/careers