Corporate Operations Group (COG) provides specialist professional services, human resources, workplace infrastructure, and technology and market operations to Macquarie's businesses. The primary purpose of COG is to support and enhance the value of Macquarie through the creation of an efficient, scalable operating model. This is evident across the activities of each of the divisions which comprises of Business Improvement and Strategy Division (BIS), Business Services Division (BSD), COG Business Management, Human Resources Division (HR), Market Operations and Technology.
With over 3,000 staff in 30 countries, COG maintains a global presence in support of all regions. COG in the Americas employs over 350 people in the Americas.
The Energy trading group, which forms part of the Fixed Income, Currency and Commodities Division (FICC), has over 10 years experience in the global energy markets, with a continuing focus on the development and growth of the Physical Commodity businesses.
The team focus is primarily on Physical Oil Settlements for the FICC Energy trading group, responsible for:
As an integral part of the Energy team you will be responsible for:
- Customer Invoice generation for Physical Commodity deals.
- Reconciliation of customer invoices to internal systems, customer records, supply and transportation records.
- Preparation of all relevant documentation for settlement.
- Follow up and resolution of settlement and post settlement adjustments.
- Working a point of contact between all internal locations, customers and suppliers.
- Managing relevant internal and external relationships, with a particular focus on business and client relationships.
- Cross training between products roles and locations as is required by the business.
- Identifying and resolving issues and escalating in a timely manner to direct and senior management.
The successful candidate should:
- Have previous employment within a settlement/accounting team with specific experience in Physical Commodities, preferably crude pipeline transactions.
- Be highly motivated with a confident and professional attitude, and possess high levels of attention to detail.
- Proven track record of high quality reconciliation and/or customer invoicing.
- Be confident and flexible in learning new functions and processes, with the ability to question current procedures, and focus on continuous process improvement.
- Be able to work with minimal supervision and maintain confidentiality of client material
- Have the ability to prioritize and problem solve, delivering a high level of quality service to clients on a daily basis under tight timeframes.
- Experience working in a team spread across multiple geographical locations, including remote management is preferable.
- Have a risk management and control focus.
- Develop and maintain a pro-active relationship with the business and key support areas, both in Calgary and regionally.
Qualifications and Background
- Minimum 5 years experience in the Energy sector.
- Involvement in working with different geographical locations would be considered an advantage.
- Crude Pipeline experience is desirable
- Right Angle system experience would be advantageous