Fixed Income, Currencies and Commodities (FICC) provides a variety of services across the globe with an underlying specialization in interest rate, commodity or foreign exchange related institutional trading, marketing, lending, clearing or platform provision.
Metals and Energy Capital (Canada) is the principal division within FICC responsible for providing debt, mezzanine finance and hedging products to, and investing in securities of, Canadian based natural resource companies.
Based on needs, we are looking for a part-time Administrative Assistant in our Toronto office.
In this role, responsibilities include:
• Coordinate travel (domestic and international), including arrangements for hotels, car, foreign VISA applications, etc
• Calendar management, including coordinating meetings and calls (internal and external), book conference rooms, etc.
• General office support including answering phones, taking messages, filing, scanning, printing, binding, etc.
• Liaise with other administrative assistant's and executives across all teams internally
• Liaise with IT, mail room, guest relations and other groups and offices within Macquarie
• Arrange couriers, prepare FedEx shipments
• Track/process all expenses (AMEX and Cash) and create/process client and vendor invoices
• Ad-hoc projects (i.e., arrange team outings, holiday parties, conferences, client marketing, closing dinners)
• Occasional research assignments pertaining to active projects/deals
To be successful, you will:
• Use good judgment and discretion on confidential matters
• Be proactive, anticipate needs of executives and act accordingly
• Microsoft Office proficiency and the ability to clearly explain steps as needed
• Positive attitude and approach to all tasks
• Problem solver
• Work quickly and efficiently without sacrificing details
• Stay on top of executives' schedules
• Understand the stress and nature of the industry so as to better understand your team
• Ability to work with various personality types
If this sounds like you, we encourage you to explore this opportunity in more detail by applying directly online through the link below.
Rest assured that all submissions will be treated with strict confidentiality.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted for interviews.
No agency submissions, please.