Macquarie Group (Macquarie) is a global provider of banking, financial, advisory, investment and funds management services. Macquarie's main business focus is making returns by providing a diversified range of services to clients. Founded in 1969, Macquarie employs more than 15,500 people in over 28 countries and has been active in Asia Pacific for more than 40 years. Today, we have people in 17 cities in 12 geographies across the Asia Pacific region.
The Philippines office comprises Macquarie Securities Group, Macquarie Capital and the Manila Resource Centre (MRC). The Manila Resource Centre (MRC) is a shared services and support hub of Macquarie with a primary aim of delivering highest quality global services in Business Services, Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, and Market Operations.
At Macquarie we offer you the experience and freedom to grow your career. Key to our success in the Manila office is teamwork, passion for delivery and attention to detail. We give you the opportunity to demonstrate your abilities within a highly successful organisation.
Macquarie's business is structured into six operating groups and five support groups. The Market Operations and Technology Group (MOT) is one of the support groups at Macquarie. MOT includes the Market Operations Division and is responsible for the operation and execution of a variety of currencies and products for Macquarie.
In addition to providing direct support to the Fixed Income, Currency and Commodities Group, Market Operations provides confirmation and Market Operation facilities for all Macquarie's operating divisions.
The Division also performs specific control functions including:
- Onboarding clients and regulatory payment compliance
- Managing the Central Customer database of client statutory information
- Controlling and maintaining all foreign correspondent bank accounts
- Reconciling all correspondent bank accounts
- Independent sourcing and inputting all rates and market instrument static
- Providing SWIFT and general communication services for Macquarie
Market Operations now has a presence in international locations including Houston, New York, Toronto, Calgary, London, Hong Kong, Singapore, Manila and Seoul.
The Manila Resource Centre performs most functions indicated above.
- Investigation and review of payment alerts arising from the screening of payments against sanction lists.
- Entry of data in the payment screening system to clearly document the investigation process and reasons for clearing or escalating alerts
- Liaising with front and middle office staff to confirm the status of customer relationships
- Screening entity names against sanctions, adverse news and politically exposed persons list
- Escalation of due diligence findings to regional teams and the Compliance function
- Experience of the payments monitoring and investigation processes, client onboarding/refresh process and AML regulatory requirements within a financial institution is highly desirable
- Research and analytical skills, with the ability to summarise complex findings
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and organisation skills
- Open to work on a permanent night shift schedule