Product Control, Manager
Job no: FMG-944181
Work type: Full time
Group: Financial Management Group
Recruiter: Maria Norris
We have a great opportunity for a Manager to join our Product Control team in our newly opened Jacksonville, FL office. Product Control delivers product accounting and associated P&L production / analysis for the trading activities within Macquarie Group (namely the Commodities & Financial Markets Group and the Macquarie Securities Group). Covering all regions including ANZ, Asia, EMEA and Americas, this function is involved in providing daily P&L reporting, daily system and ledger reconciliations and controls, performing the month end and period end General Ledger close, and monthly balance sheet substantiation. This role will require your close and efficient interaction with the Front Office, Middle Office and IT as well as other parts of Finance including Financial Control on a daily basis to ensure the timely and accurate financial and regulatory reporting of the Macquarie trading businesses.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- execution of key daily, weekly and monthly tasks (see below for example of these)
- drive efficiency (speed of delivery) and improve presentation to aid business review
- regularly face off against members of the Trading Desks to resolve issues, support junior staff and also maintaining positive client relationships
- training and mentoring new staff members
- taking initiatives in developing new processes and maintain documentation of various processes and procedures up to date
- continually questioning and attempting to improve the control environment that the business operates in other ad hoc requirements from the business
- preparation and review of daily P&Ls (facilitation/sales/derivatives)
- daily Capital requirement calculation – leading to review
- month-end balance sheet substantiation and review
- assistance in the preparation and review of monthly management packs for regional businesses
- preparation and review of annual financial statements of entities for which the team is responsible for.
You will hold a postgraduate / professional accounting qualification, preferably CPA or MBA, as well as the following:
- minimum of 6-7 years of post-CPA qualification experience or a minimum 7-10 years of experience for non-CPAs (i.e. with an MBA or equivalent
- background in product control or a chartered environment with exposure to financial instruments being an added advantage
- minimum of 2 years previous leadership management (essential)
- willingness to travel overseas
- willingness to work in different time zones to support requirements across geographies
If this sounds like you, we invite you to apply online. For more information about a career with Macquarie, visit www.macquarie.com/careers
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate communications and investor relations.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Macquarie takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Print application form