Executive - Service Operations Junior Analyst
Job no: COG-943831
Work type: Full time
Group: Corporate Operations Group
Recruiter: Payal Chakravorty
Service Operations/Engineering Analyst
Commodities and Global Markets
Full-time, Gurugram, India.
Macquarie encourages its people to think differently and uncover opportunities our competitors miss. The culture of innovation and entrepreneurial drive is strong whether you sit within business operations or technology. We are looking for an experienced Service Operations/Engineering Junior Analyst who can provide environment support and implement automation opportunities for Commodities and Global Markets platforms. The role requires an individual with a strong focus on continuous improvement.
- Responsible for system/environments monitoring and improvements.
- Proactively monitor system health and respond to alerts to provide high availability/performance of the environments.
- Take opportunities to identify, prioritize and address operational improvements, eliminate manual processes, improve documentation, and fix defects.
- Use scripting skills to create automation opportunities that improve the reliability and stability of the environment.
- Collaborate with global colleagues and Teams (development, operations and projects) for improving the environments/systems.
- Self-managing, proactive, able to work with minimal supervision.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- A degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent with experience Level of 4-7 Years.
- Experience in Operations roles and support of production environments.
- Experience of Operating Systems (UNIX/Windows) and Databases (SQL Server/Sybase/Oracle).
- Experience writing scripts (Python/Shell) and creating SQL queries.
- Demonstrable experience in identifying issues in the production environment (Capacity, Health, Performance) and improving.
- Experience with logging software (Splunk) and general health/capacity monitoring tools.
- Broad understanding of Cloud/virtualization concepts will be an advantage.
- Experience handling Incident and Problems to ensure healthy and stable environments.
- Good knowledge of ITIL tools (e.g. Remedy) for Incident/Change/Problem management.
- Experience with DevOps and Continuous Integration tools (e.g. Jira, Bitbucket, Bamboo)
- Experience and understanding of Agile development lifecycle and Scrum.
- Good communication skills and ability to work with a geographically distributed team.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Flexible with on-call support rotation when required.
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Founded in 1969, Macquarie Group is a global financial services provider with offices in 28 countries. Our long history of success has come from being different. We value the creativity that diversity of thought brings and we promote an innovative and entrepreneurial culture. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you’re motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
The Corporate Operations Group (COG) brings together specialist support services including workplace, HR, technology and market operations to drive operational excellence. Technology provides business-aligned account management, software development and manages Macquarie's enterprise-wide technology. Find out more about COG.
http://www.macquarie.com/in/corporate (Company website)
We facilitate a range of different flexible working within our teams. Please talk to us about flexibility.
Advertised: India Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Applications close: India Standard Time
Print application form