CGM Database Engineer
Job no: COG-943559
Work type: Full time
Group: Corporate Operations Group
Recruiter: JC Reyrata
A great opportunity for an experienced database engineer with a DevOps mindset ideally from a financial services background but primarily we are looking for people who put the customer first to support our commodities and global markets teams to ensure the deliverables meets operational objectives.
We are a diverse team with backgrounds from across the world but we all have this in common – we love all things tech and making resilient & stable platforms for our customers. We are doing great things which will transform how our teams will utilize database technologies across multiple platforms.
With us you’ll be able to use your engineering experience to help change the way we do things – we want your opinions on how to continuously go form strength to strength. You'll be a part of a team that loves the work they do and enjoys working with each other. You will be a part of a collaborative team who work fast and are empowered to make decisions which result in the best product for our customers.
In this role, you will be expected to:
- support our commodities and global markets teams to ensure the deliverables meet operational objectives, and is of a high-quality
- have a DevOps mindset and contribute to overall streamlined delivery of cloud services to our teams
- liaise with our Sydney and off-shore teams to triage and resolve incidents
- be able to lead and manage incidents to resolution - working with both the development team and operations teams to see it through to production
- be able to work in a team, but also be efficient working autonomously
- learn and be willing to work with technologies and platforms you are or are not familiar with
- understand security policies and restrictions that apply to Tier One and creating solutions that comply with these rules
- work within and across other teams / businesses to achieve common goals
- manage risk and have strong problem-solving skills and proven experience in incident management and resolution
- have good verbal and communication skills.
- ability to identify opportunities to controlling the cost
Specific technical skills:
- a strongly skilled Database Administrator, with a good skill-set in either Oracle, Sybase and/or SQL Server
- experience in cloud computing skills.
- design database solutions in the cloud.
- plan cloud migration strategy for mission critical systems
- automation of repetitive tasks and provide self-service capability to our customers
- expertise in capacity planning for short and long-term demand
- experience using tools such as Remedy, Splunk for monitoring and reporting on incidents
- recent experience with SQL Server 2016
- working knowledge of SQL Server mirroring and/or clustering
- SQL Server replication skills
- exposure to SQL Server Reporting, Integration and Analysis Services
- strong knowledge and experienced working with ASE 15.5 and 15.7
- strong knowledge of Replication Server 15.2 or 15.7
- Sybase tuning using MDA tables
- knowledge of all facets of ASE 15.x
Extra points for:
- AWS RDS, Postgres, Google, NO SQL skill is desirable but optional
- experience with Atlassian tools and their application to Agile environments
- exposure to using continuous deployment and delivery
- experience with cloud native programming
- 6 years working in a global corporate environment
If this sounds like you, apply now!
The Corporate Operations Group (COG) brings together specialist support services including workplace, human resources, market operations and technology. COG's purpose is to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost and risk. COG comprises the following divisions: Business Improvement and Strategy, Business Services, Human Resources, Market Operations, and Technology.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available.
Advertised: China Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Print application form