Executive- Regulatory Reporting
About the Role:
Group Regulatory Reporting (GRR) team is focused on managing regulatory submissions and market disclosures (Pillar 3) across the geographies and monitoring prudential ratios (Tier 1, Tier 2, LCR, NSFR etc.) for the banking group. The team reports to the Chief Financial Officer and is responsible for preparation and lodgement of regulatory returns, including business reviews and commentary, monitoring capital and liquidity requirements. The team provides decision support to businesses and senior management on regulatory implications for new products, businesses and transactions. The team proactively participates in regulatory consultations and drives automation projects.
You will be responsible for:
MBL- Reporting on different statistical returns and information request from different regulators (including but not limited to APRA, RBA, ABS). The information provided to the regulators is used for the purpose of monitoring economic indicators and assist in making policy making decisions. This requires analysis and interpretation of existing regulatory guidance and analysis of current business performance and financial numbers. Required to be pro-actively involved in communication with businesses, home location, regulator and the Risk management group.
As an Executive, you shall be a part of the ANZ Regulatory reporting team. Your role includes but is not limited to:
Understanding the definitions, instructions and guidance on different forms;
- Performing analysis of Business performance and Balance sheet on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Assist in reporting of different adhoc survey and regulator requests to support policy making by government agencies and departments.
- Assist in developing and implementing logics across reporting platforms for any changes to regulatory requirements
- Regular reporting to senior stakeholders in Home location and Senior management in GFS, Gurgaon;
- Developing relationships with the business areas in order to understand regulatory impact per accounting treatment & presentation;
- Keeping up to date with regulatory consultations and assist with interpreting and communicating current regulatory requirements to the change management team;
- Ensuring the interpretations and assumptions are documented and cleared with Risk management team from controls assurance perspective;
- Ensuring knowledge is shared with resources via cross training and team learning; and
- Developing of relationships with key members of Compliance, Systems team and business unit finance teams, Corporate Data teams and Data Integrity Officers.
- Outstanding academic background in a financial or quantitative degree e.g. actuarial, economics, engineering, mathematics or accounting
- Minimum 5 years of post-qualification experience years relevant experience in regulatory reporting will be an advantage
- Sound knowledge of the Financial/Banking Services industry, products & Shared Services operating models
- Ability to anticipate and identify potential problems and demonstrate a proven track record in solving complex and ambiguous issues
- Flexibility, tenacity and the ability to maintain enthusiasm on long-running or complex process re-design initiatives
- Ability to motivate, influence and gain commitment at all levels of the organization
- Clear, concise written and verbal communications kills
- Strong numerical and abstract reasoning skills
- A high degree of comfort in dealing with information technology
- Very strong MS Office Skills
- Strong team player
- High attention to detail
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate communications and investor relations.
Macquarie is a global provider of banking, financial, advisory, investment and funds management services, with offices in 28 countries. We are a uniquely diverse business with deep specialist expertise.
Key to Macquarie's success is a unique structure and management style that fosters an entrepreneurial environment that is underpinned by a strong risk management framework, an approach that has contributed to its long history of success. This philosophy encourages a sense of ownership and entrepreneurial endeavour among our people and delivered value for clients.
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available.
Find out more about Macquarie at www.macquarie.com/careers