A great opportunity to join our Technology Division, with the platform delivery team who enable Macquarie's global activities by undertaking the design and implementation of IT infrastructure related projects.
As the successful applicant, you will be responsible for delivering solutions and support for our evolving database environment as part of a global team. The database environment is complex, with Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server running on Solaris, Linux and Windows platforms.
Your responsibilities will include deploying, upgrading and maintaining the database fleet, providing feedback on the health of the environment and creating automation for repeatable requirements. You will need to have recent experience in developing and deploying database server design patterns.
This position will suit you if you are a skilled Senior Oracle DBA, with a DevOps mindset who has a strong interest in career advancement in a technical stream. This, however, is not a team lead or managerial position.
Key skills and responsibilities will be to:
- Oracle RAC and experience with 11g and 12c
- skills in Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM)
- proven understanding of the Oracle Database architecture and internals
- experience supporting Oracle Grid Infrastructure, RAC and ASM
- experience customising Oracle Enterprise Manager to deliver support
- thorough knowledge of performing RMAN database restoration under a variety of different scenarios and the information required to support restoration
- experience patching and rollback of Oracle Grid Infrastructure and Databases.
- troubleshooting incidents through OEM, Database and Cluster logs
- evidence based review of Application, Database, OS and Hardware with clear communication of bottlenecks within a system.
It would be highly beneficial to have skills or experience in:
- experience of working within a DevOps team providing 24x7 support for over 100 databases per support DBA
- programming experience with C/C++, Python, Java, and/or demonstrable open-source contributions
- experience with supporting partitioned databases over 10TB in size
- experience supporting Postgres.
If this sounds like you, and you’re ready to take the next step in your career, please apply online now.
Please apply via the following link with your CV. Alternatively to find out more about the position at www.macquarie.com/careers or please email Nicky Bell via firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
The Corporate Operations Group (COG) brings together specialist support services including workplace, human resources, market operations and technology. COG's purpose is to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost and risk. COG comprises the following divisions: Business Improvement and Strategy, Business Services, Human Resources, Market Operations, and Technology
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available.