A great opportunity to join our Technology Division, with the platform delivery team who enable Macquarie's global activities by undertaking the design and implementation of IT infrastructure related projects.
As the successful applicant, you will be responsible for delivering solutions and support for our evolving database environment as part of a global team. The database environment is complex, with Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server and Postgres running on Solaris, Linux and Windows platforms.
Your responsibilities will include deploying, upgrading and maintaining the database fleet, providing feedback on the health of the environment and creating automation for repeatable requirements. You will need to have recent experience in developing and deploying database server design patterns.
This position will suit you if you are a skilled Senior DBA, who has a strong interest in career advancement in a technical stream. This, however, is not a team lead or managerial position.
Your core responsibilities of the role will include:
- Oracle RAC and experience with 11g and 12c
- skills in Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM)
- SQL tuning and monitoring via AWR or tuning/diagnostics pack
- Oracle database upgrades and application of quarterly Oracle CPU/PSU patches
- Oracle Data Guard experience
- advanced experience in using RMAN for backup and recovery
- experience administering Postgres 9 systems in an enterprise environment
- experience configuring and managing Postgres standby servers for DR
- use of Automatic Storage Management (ASM) in a replicated SAN environment
- experience analysing and resolving SQL plan issues and performance issues on Postgres systems
- participation in scheduled weekend rosters to cover operational support and after-hours work when requested
- experience with Cloud deployments (either public or private) preferred
- experience with devops model.
If this sounds like you, and you’re ready to take the next step in your career, please apply online now.
Please apply via the following link with your CV. Alternatively to find out more about the position at www.macquarie.com/careers or please email Nicky Bell via email@example.com for further information.
The Corporate Operations Group (COG) brings together specialist support services including workplace, human resources, market operations and technology. COG's purpose is to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost and risk. COG comprises the following divisions: Business Improvement and Strategy, Business Services, Human Resources, Market Operations, and Technology
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available.