Job no: COG-942205
Work type: Full time
Group: Corporate Operations Group
Recruiter: JC Reyrata
Here at Macquarie Bank we are building the Digital Bank of the future and we are doing it with our customers by our side. We understand that banking in the future will be predominantly digital and are building our digital platforms from the ground up to match. We use technology as a catalyst to bring people together and help them realize their life milestones through our products and solutions which are designed by humans for humans. We are putting our customers first and changing how the world interacts with banks.
The purpose of this role is to drive improvement in the PB operational space by bring DevOps principles to life and deliver operational improvements.
In this role, complementing an existing function, you will bring change to the practices of the operational functions by living DevOps principles on a day to day basis.
- Own it end-to-end & break down silos.
- Understand our stakeholders, how they use the systems and data, their priorities
- Be accountable for the improvement of the PB operational space
- Integrate disparate functions and knowledge across multiple locations to deliver successful outcomes
- Failure happens. Detect, recover & adapt fast.
- Establish and communicate a clear and effective process for stakeholders to raise and track issues
- Identify cause for failure and fix the root cause; Covers batch; AppD alerting etc
- Identify the drivers for service requests and provide solutions such as self-service or automation
- Implement small changes frequently
- Build a delivery cadence where changes and improvements are delivered frequently
- Automate routine tasks.
- Remove all manual activity from the day to day operations
- Enable and train stakeholders to self serve information requests where possible
- Measure everything.
- Measure all key operational aspects frequently e.g. number of support tickets; service request; alerts
- Use this data to define priorities
- Use this data to define success
- Share knowledge & be open to learning.
- Tell the story to interested stakeholders using Workplace and other communication mechanisms
- Leverage off the experiences from other BFS and Macquarie functions and bring these learnings into this space to achieve positive outcomes
We need a strong Engineer with:
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience
- Good English communication skills
- Experience in Unix or Python scripting
- Strong SQL
- Sybase experience (preferable)
- Experience in Java
If this sounds like you, apply now!
The Corporate Operations Group (COG) brings together specialist support services including workplace, human resources, market operations and technology. COG's purpose is to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost and risk. COG comprises the following divisions: Business Improvement and Strategy, Business Services, Human Resources, Market Operations, and Technology.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available.
Advertised: China Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Print application form