Manager – TAXATION
Location: Global Finance Services, Gurgaon, India
REPORTS TO: AVP/ VP– GFS Taxation
Global Finance Services (GFS) was established in 2007 as a shared services provider of choice for the Macquarie Group. GFS sits within the Finance Division of Corporate Affairs Group.
GFS is an integral part of Macquarie’s global service delivery strategy and is currently experiencing rapid growth and expansion. The business currently employs more than 450 plus people in its Gurgaon Office in Delhi NCR and they provide a range of finance services supporting Macquarie’s operating areas and management through the provision of financial control, financial planning and capital management, management reporting and budgeting and divisional accounting services.
GFS is responsible for identifying opportunities to support greater operational scalability via enhanced financial controllership, Quality, process standardisation, delivering cost efficiency, best practice service excellence management and enhanced operational / financial risk control. GFS is also looking to expand its service offering beyond finance and into areas such as investment banking and other processes performed by Macquarie business groups. It’s this expansion which will drive the future growth of GFS.
CLIENT CONTACT/RELATIONSHIPS (internal & external)
• All levels of GFS
• Macquarie’s other head office divisions
• Tax Division globally
• Finance Division globally
• Information Technology Group (ITG)
As a Manager, the role will be expected to take on a higher level of ownership and responsibility in ensuring all taxation deliverables are met, on time and at the required high level of quality.
The role will be centred towards Direct tax Compliances, related accounting and Reporting in the Asia region.
The deliverables that it is likely to include are:
• Direct Tax Returns preparation, review and filing with Tax Authorities
• Handling queries from Tax Authorities and liasoning with internal stakeholders and consultants in submitting responses to the same
• Direct Tax related accounting and balance sheet reconciliations
• Subject matter expert on Direct tax requirements for the region being handled: understand Tax requirements, changes in tax laws, budget announcements, new transactions and be able to assess their implications on Tax related deliverables.
KEY SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Leadership Skills
• Ability to lead a team of professionals, proactively seeking improvement opportunities and providing thought leadership with respect to client service delivery.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Technical Specialist Skills
• Experience in Direct Tax Compliances and Accounting
• Experience with tax reporting and financial systems
• Comfortable working in a fast changing environment where roles and responsibilities can change regularly.
• Planning & Organising
• Able to manage and distribute workload across team to meet monthly, quarterly and annual tax accounting and compliance deadlines
• Ability to recognize and proactively manage issues and risks
• Able to lead team in embracing opportunities to improve service, processes and systems
• Ability to provide timely and accurate status reports to internal stakeholders
• Focus on controlling and managing risk
• Client Orientation
• Ability to recognize drivers for customer satisfaction and manage workload to meet these, including identifying and reporting on KPIs.
• Ability to communicate effectively with customers with respect to their service expectations and issues encountered
• Demonstrated ability to manage ongoing ad hoc requests, queries and complaints/issues appropriately.
• Interpersonal Skills
• Able to communicate effectively and confidently at all levels
• Strong listening skills
• Ability to provide and receive feedback
• Ability to influence peers and promote improvement initiatives in a team environment
• Ability to work in a virtual global team, and manage cross-border relationships effectively.
• Implements quality assurances practices to ensure accuracy, quality and timeliness of team output.
• Provides guidance and support for others on how to exceed client expectations.
• Strong focus on process improvement and natural tendency to question the way things are done.
QUALIFICATIONS & BACKGROUND/WORK EXPERIENCE
To be considered for these roles you must possess:
• A professional accountancy qualification (CA);
• Experience with Direct Tax compliance and accounting
• 8-10 years of post qualification relevant experience.
• Big 4 tax background preferred.
• Taxation experiences within a shared services environment or financial services an advantage (but not essential).