Virtual Desktop Engineer
Job no: COG-941790
Work type: Full time
Group: Corporate Operations Group
Recruiter: Andrew Baker
Join us as a Virtual Desktop Engineer within our Devices & Connectivity team and play an integral role in the delivering of the next generation of desktop computing at Macquarie. You will work within a team that supports and enables Macquarie's global business activities by providing technology services across Physical Devices (i.e. laptops/BYOD), Mobility, Desktop Operating System, Application Packaging, Printing, and Remote Access.
In this role you will be responsible for providing design & delivery expertise across the Virtual Desktop platform and will be pivotal to our team successfully delivering a global transformation of the Virtual Desktop service. It will require close collaboration your various internal and external technology and business teams, as well as your user-centric mindset across everything you do.
A background in VMware virtualisation, VDI design, networking, storage and automation in large enterprise environments would be key to be successful in this role, and in addition your technical skills will include:
- key skillset required - VMWare Horizon, VMWare ESX, VMWare vSAN, Powershell, storage and networking as it relates to VDI
- experience in design, deployment and management of a VMware Horizon Virtual Desktop and application presentation platform in pooled and/or persistent model
- detailed understanding of VMware data center, pod and cluster architecture with respect to VDI platforms across multiple datacenters
- design and/or implementation of VMWare NSX with respect to VDI will be advantageous
- Microsoft Desktop SOE Design, SCCM, Active Directory, Group Policies, Application Packaging and deployments not essential but looked upon favourably.
- having experience in successfully transitioning to Cloud services for published desktop and application services would be looked upon favourably
- documentation skills in referencing existing and developing new materials where required. Confluence and JIRA tools will be considered favourable
- demonstrable capability in seeing the operational impact of design decisions to ensure successful delivery outcomes.
To learn more, apply online now or for more information visit www.macquarie.com/careers.
The Corporate Operations Group (COG) brings together specialist support services including workplace, human resources, market operations and technology. COG's purpose is to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost and risk. COG comprises the following divisions: Business Improvement and Strategy, Business Services, Human Resources, Market Operations, and Technology
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Print application form