Senior Java DevOps Engineer
Job no: COG-940084
Work type: Full time
Group: Corporate Operations Group
Recruiter: Chirag Bhojani
A great opportunity for you to showcase your strong technical and communication skills to deliver in a challenging and dynamic environment.
As an experienced Java DevOps Engineer, you will join the Party Management team in our Banking and Financial Services Group. In this role, you will have a focus on project deliveries and continuous improvements across a large range of applications supporting the wider business.
You will be part of a dynamic team that develops and supports applications, using a variety of modern technologies built on cloud based infrastructure. Having prior experience within an agile environment, you will be able to think analytically and have a natural ability to problem solve, coupled with excellent communication skills and a team-player mindset.
In addition, you will bring the following technical skills:
- 5+ years’ experience in Core and Enterprise Java solution design and application development
- experience with Oracle database
- good understanding of webservices & microservices architecture
- experience with CI / CD tools
- experience with SDLC tools (e.g. Bamboo, JIRA, GIT, Confluence)
- experience with integration technology such as JMS, RedHat Fuse, Camel
- experience using and developing SOAP/Rest APIs with XML & JSON
- windows or UNIX scripting.
Optional but highly desirable skills:
- knowledge of Master Data Management & CRM systems is highly desirable
- experience with WebMethods integration technology
- exposure / experience with AWS
- experience with APIGEE
- exposure to testing frameworks such as Cucumber, JUnit, Selenium
- experience in no SQL/graph databases.
You are a Java DevOps Engineer with 5+ years’ experience in Java development, ideally within the financial services industry. To be successful in this role we expect:
- delivery and support of in-house developed and vendor application solutions
- taking ownership of change through the full lifecycle, from requirements to implementation
- hands on application development, testing and implementation of agreed designs
- working with broad range of technical and business people to provide the optimal solution
- an evolving DevOps culture gives you ownership of your solutions/applications.
We are looking at candidates from a range of different backgrounds, and we also encourage candidates to apply who are interested in flexible working arrangements. If the above sounds like the right opportunity to further your career, apply via the link below or get in touch with email@example.com for more information.
The Corporate Operations Group (COG) brings together specialist support services including workplace, human resources, market operations and technology. COG's purpose is to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost and risk. COG comprises the following divisions: Business Improvement and Strategy, Business Services, Human Resources, Market Operations, and Technology.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available.
Our Technology Returner program is an opportunity for you to re-integrate yourself into the workforce following an extended professional career break. Find out more and apply at https://www.macquarie.com/au/about/careers/jobs/returner-program
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Print application form