Security - Manager - Security Analyst
Job no: COG-939463
Work type: Full time
Group: Corporate Operations Group
Recruiter: Neelam Gupta
- The Technology division provides each major business in Macquarie with teams that work closely with that business to understand its particular technology needs.
- We currently have a position available for a Cyber Security Vulnerability Engineer in Gurugram. The successful applicant will be responsible for managing vulnerability scans across the Macquarie fleet for all asset types (endpoints/servers/network devices etc.) deployed across physical, virtual and cloud environments.
- The role offers opportunity to get exposure to multiple security scanning products, work on exiting new technologies like containers and avenues for automation/scripting
About the role
Cyber Security, part of COG Technology, defends Macquarie's information. The team ensures all information is adequately protected from inappropriate disclosure, that integrity is maintained and information is available when required.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Cyber Security Vulnerability Engineer who will be part of the global Technology Security team. The Cyber Security team operates as a recoverable business model.
The role will require the successful applicant to deliver company-wide technical security risk assessment and consulting services across business groups, manage the pipeline of work from their client base, operate within a global team, report issues and recommendations for management follow up, and manage client relationships.
- Configure maintain and optimize vulnerability scan profiles and schedules for on-premise, virtual and cloud environments across the suite of scanning solutions used
- Communication to stakeholders around scheduled scans.
- Troubleshoot scanning and discovery issues on host that have not been scanned for a prolonged period of time.
- Continuous monitoring and communication to stakeholders around high risk vulnerabilities found.
- Ongoing review and management of static asset lists to ensure sufficient scan coverage.
- Analysis, reporting and recommendation of vulnerability scan results.
- Management of the operational processes and technologies supporting the vulnerability management service.
- Demonstrable experience in vulnerability management for enterprise environments Cloud and On-Prem. (Preferably AWS).
- Exposure to enterprise vulnerability management tools (e.g. Qualys / Tenable)
- Sufficient Network and Linux and Windows server knowledge for basic troubleshooting of scan failures.
- Possess strong data analytics and reporting skills.
- Scripting/programming knowledge would be a huge plus
The following characteristics are considered essential for the role
- Strong and self-confident, adaptable and flexible – capable dealing effectively with colleagues and business users in a constantly evolving environment.
- Ability to gather written and verbal information from multiple sources, assess and consolidate risks, provide appropriate recommendations.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks ,prioritise effectively, remain calm under pressure and when faced with adversity or urgent issues
- Comfortable working as part of global team across geographies, cultures and time-zones.
- Enthusiastic and creative, an inquisitive nature with an attention to detail, yet able to think outside the box and consider the big picture.
Minimum required experience
- Significant hands on experience in enterprise vulnerability scanning, tool management, analysis and reporting of vulnerabilities
- Ability to investigate false positives and give customized guidance on vulnerability remediation
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- University degree in computer science or engineering, or equivalent.
- Technical security certifications including platform/infrastructure-specific certifications, e.g. Qualys/Tenable certifications, CEH etc.
Corporate Operations Group (COG) provides specialist professional services, human resources, workplace infrastructure, technology and market operations to Macquarie's businesses. The primary purpose of COG is to support and enhance the value of Macquarie through the creation of an efficient, scalable operating model. This is evident across the activities of each of the divisions which comprises of Business Improvement and Strategy Division (BIS), Business Services Division (BSD), COG Business Management, Human Resources Division (HR), Market Operations, Operational Risk Strategy and Support, Shared Services and Technology.
Founded in 1969, Macquarie Group is a global financial services provider with offices in 28 countries. Our long history of success has come from being different. We value the creativity that diversity of thought brings and we promote an innovative and entrepreneurial culture. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you’re motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
http://www.macquarie.com/in/corporate (Company website)
We facilitate a range of different flexible working within our teams. Please talk to us about flexibility.
Advertised: India Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Applications close: India Standard Time
Print application form