Credit Analyst - Commodities and Global Markets (Houston or Minneapolis)
Job no: CGM-939422
Work type: Full time
Location: Houston, Minneapolis
Group: Commodities and Global Markets
Division: Commodity Markets and Finance
Recruiter: Sophie Miller Chatfield
Macquarie's Commodities and Global Markets (CGM) group operates across global physical and financial commodity markets, and primary and secondary financial markets providing finance, risk solutions and market access to producers and consumers as well as financial institutions and investors.
CGM's comprehensive platform provides trading, risk management, sales, structuring, financing and market analysis and strategy services in energy, metals and agricultural markets; fixed income and currency markets; credit markets; futures; and Asian and emerging markets.
The Commodity Markets and Finance division within CGM is seeking a credit analyst within its Business Credit team in either Minneapolis or Houston to cover a portfolio of North American trading counterparties. Traded products included will be North American physical and financial power, emissions, oil and natural gas.
Main Role and Responsibilities:
- Actively communicate with the various trading desks to fully understand the risk nature of the transactions requiring analysis and approval.
- Research, information gathering and preparation of credit review memos that are commensurate to the potential trade exposure and the credit quality of Macquarie’s counterparties.
- This will require experience with financial analysis and credit underwriting, including an understanding of complex corporate structures.
- Trade documentation initialisation, review and negotiation of credit risk and other risk clauses.
- Credit exposure calculation and credit limit management, including ongoing communication with the corporate credit group and senior business management to obtain timely trade approvals.
- Real time, on-going and self-initiated monitoring of counterparty and related industry developments including the annual review of existing credit limits.
- Proactively engage with business units and colleagues to understand underlying needs and opportunities, and identify innovative solutions in a timely manner.
Key Skills Required:
- 0-6 years of experience
- Ideally have some existing knowledge of the North American market, especially pertaining to energy trading or energy lending transactions.
- Strong commercial orientation and understanding of business and risk-related issues.
- Qualifications in finance, economics, engineering, or other quantitative disciplines, ideally with postgraduate studies.
- Persuasive communication skills (both written and verbal) and confidence when being challenged.
- Ability to build strong, open, dialogue-based relationships with relevant businesses, clients and colleagues.
This opportunity would suit a highly analytical and commercially oriented individual who enjoys working in a challenging and complex environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Print application form