Workplace Technology Desktop Engineer
Work in a team of engineers who are responsible for the design and deployment of solutions using Workplace Technology services like Windows 10, SCCM and hardware devices.
As a Desktop Engineer, you will join the Workplace Technology team, which supports and enables our global activities by providing a global Digital Workplace platform. This area has seen significant growth in the past few years and focuses on group-wide, user-facing technologies that enhance the way the group collaborates and does business. The team is currently engaged in several projects including cloud based productivity and collaboration tools, enhanced mobility and BYOD, virtual desktop enhancements, Windows 10, MacBook, security product upgrades, and various business-driven projects.
With your self-starter attitude and broad range of experience in the enterprise IT world, you will be responsible for helping design, implement, and support a Windows 10 desktop experience for our businesses around the globe across a range of device options utilizing Configuration Manager Current Branch. You will also provide assistance in enhancing or replacing existing operational processes for Windows 10 to provide the best possible end user experience.
You will need to have:
Skills: Windows 10, Windows Defender, SCCM, Scripting Skills Powershell.
- a customer-obsessed attitude with excellent communication skills
- an ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- a strong interest in delivering and enhancing user experience and productivity through mobile solutions
- experience working with Windows 7 and Windows 10 from an enterprise perspective
- experience with Microsoft Configuration Manager Current Branch for Operating System Delivery, patch management and application delivery.
- basic understanding of Enterprise technologies (firewalls, routing, Windows and Unix servers, storage, virtualisation and cloud technologies)
- an ability to analyse and optimise business processes
- a demonstrated ability to exhibit technical credibility with both IT and business stakeholders
- an understanding of Service Management including change, incident and problem management as it applies to a large corporate environment and use of an ITSM tool such as Remedy
- experience working in a DevOps and/or Agile environment
- ability to take initiative, work independently, and manage tasks to a timeline.
Please apply via the following link with your CV or please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
The Corporate Operations Group (COG) brings together specialist support services including workplace, human resources, market operations and technology. COG's purpose is to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost and risk. COG comprises the following divisions: Business Improvement and Strategy, Business Services, Human Resources, Market Operations, and Technology.
Find our more at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available. Our Technology Returner program is an opportunity for you to re-integrate yourself into the workforce following an extended professional career break. Find out more and apply at https://www.macquarie.com/au/about/careers/jobs/returner-program.