Junior BI/Data Engineer
Job no: COG-938922
Work type: Full time, Part time
Group: Corporate Operations Group
Recruiter: Sophie Lumsden
We are looking for a motivated technology professional looking to progress their career working with Business Intelligence and Data Analytics related technologies.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic and newly established team working in a challenging and rewarding role. The role will work alongside Business Analysts and Subject Matter Experts to help define and develop Business Intelligence and Data Analytics solutions, on a wide range of business projects and automation initiatives.
This role is within the Finance Data & Analytics team within the Finance, Operations & Risk (FOR) division under Technology. The team supports a number of large scale systems, including data warehouses, budgeting and forecasting models, legacy reporting solutions, and self-serve analytics tools, all deployed and servicing a diverse business clientele. There are also plans to on board a central big data platform to complement existing technologies.
In this role you will design and develop solutions using Microsoft Power BI, Alteryx, and other automation tools, to deliver new capabilities to enhance the FMG business and advance their ability to service internal clients via improved access and more insights into existing data assets.
Your role will include the following responsibilities:
- work alongside business SMEs and Technical Business Analysts to develop Power BI reports, and automated data acquisition and data preparation processes using Alteryx
- work with the Technical Delivery Lead and Solutions Architect to ensure deliverables conform to architectural, technical, security and data access standards
- unit testing components ensuring deliverables meet acceptable quality assurance metrics
- pro-actively identify and manage data risk, ensuring risks are understood by related parties and developing risk mitigants
- full development life cycle; from analysis, design, development through to deployment of deliverables to Production environments.
You should have the following skills and experience:
- awareness and appreciation of designing and developing visualization solutions using tools such as Power BI, Tableau, or similar
- awareness of automated data acquisition, preparation and blending using Alteryx, Lavastorm, or other similar tools, an advantage
- experience with other automation technologies such as PowerShell is an advantage
- exposure to SQL or NoSQL databases, data warehouses, OLAP/Cubes or Enterprise ETL tools, such as SSIS or Datastage
- experience with techniques sourcing and joining large and disparate data sets from upstream systems
- performance tuning data acquisition and data preparation queries to ensure execution times are optimal and acceptable
- some understanding of data architecture principles, including data access patterns and data modelling
- previous experience in Financial Services organisations an advantage
- excellent communication and presentation skills
- a Tertiary degree in IT or similar subject.
The Corporate Operations Group (COG) brings together specialist support services including workplace, human resources, market operations and technology. COG's purpose is to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost and risk. COG comprises the following divisions: Business Improvement and Strategy, Business Services, Human Resources, Market Operations, and Technology.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available. Our Technology Returner program is an opportunity for you to re-integrate yourself into the workforce following an extended professional career break. Find out more and apply at https://www.macquarie.com/au/about/careers/jobs/returner-program
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Print application form