Quantitative Analyst - Commodities and Global Markets (New York)
Job no: CGM-936350
Work type: Full time
Location: New York
Group: Commodities and Global Markets
Recruiter: Sophie Miller Chatfield
Commodities and Global Markets (CGM) provides clients with an integrated, end-to-end offering across global markets including equities, fixed income, foreign exchange and commodities. The Quant Strat team applies specialist methods from mathematics, science and engineering to advance CGM. The focus is derivative valuation and risk, automated trading and execution, data-driven decision-making, and pushing new areas of growth.
We are looking for a recent PhD graduate to pursue a career as a quantitative analyst. This is a front-office role working with a global sales, structuring and sales business, based in New York.
The responsibilities of the role are to:
- Research and implement financial models for product valuation, risk analysis, and trading
- Provide quantitative expertise to traders, structurers, and marketers
- Work with other areas of the bank on model development and approval
- Extend and evolve our quantitative models library
We are seeking a candidate with:
- Outstanding academic achievements, a PhD in a quantitative discipline (e.g. maths, physics or engineering), and a strong academic network
- A demonstrable interest in finance
- Good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work autonomously and under pressure
- Experience with C++, Python or other programming languages will be advantageous
This represents an outstanding opportunity to be a part of a global team, closely aligned with revenue generation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Print application form