Senior Sybase Developer
Job no: COG-936166
Work type: Agency Worker
Group: Corporate Operations Group
Recruiter: Sophie Lumsden
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic and friendly team working in a challenging role. The aim of your position is to manage technical obsolescence. Specific projects include a Sybase Upgrade, Database Platform move and Unix Script updates.
The Mortgages Personal Banking programme is looking for a Lead developer to join the team. We are looking for someone to take technical leadership of the design and development of the team’s Sybase Upgrade project, which will include a Database Platform move, unix script changes and Sybase ASE 15.7 Upgrade. There is also an opportunity to alter Oracle loading scripts and help migrate the scripts to private cloud.
The team that you will be working in is an Agile Team using SCRUM methodology. You will be required to participate in the Agile ceremonies, including Sprint Refinement, Sprint Planning, Sprint Retrospectives and Daily Standups.
Your role will include the following responsibilities:
- Lead the technical design of the Sybase Upgrade/Oracle Upload Script migration
- Provide accurate estimates of development effort via Story Points
- Creation of Technical Solution based on Acceptance Criteria
- Development, unit, system, UAT and performance testing
- Application build and Support testers during BAT
- Prepare and execute Deployment plans and Prepare Operational Handover
- DevOps support of any changes deployed to Production environments
You should have the following skills and experience:
- 5+ years in a similar role within Financial Services.
- Experience across the full SDLC in large programs.
- Experience with Sybase ASE and Unix
- Knowledge of Oracle is desirable
- Source control tools including SVN
- Excellent analytical & problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Enthusiasm, Drive and Can Do attitude
- Proven ability to rapidly learn new technologies and apply them in the simplest way for the task at hand.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- A degree in IT or similar subject
Banking & Financial Services Group (BFS) of Macquarie Group Limited (MQG) distributes products and services through intermediated channels. These products include Mortgages, Business Banking, Wrap, Superannuation, Cash, Managed Funds and Insurance.
The Corporate Operations Group (COG) brings together specialist support services including workplace, human resources, market operations and technology. COG's purpose is to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost and risk. COG comprises the following divisions: Business Improvement and Strategy, Business Services, Human Resources, Market Operations, and Technology.
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Print application form