Analyst/Associate - Macquarie Capital TMT Business Services
Job no: MacCap-936147
Work type: Full time
Group: Macquarie Capital
Division: Macquarie Capital
Recruiter: Jean-Philippe Graff
Macquarie Capital provides advisory and capital raising services to corporates, government and financial sponsor clients involved in mergers and acquisitions, take privates, asset divestitures, debt and equity capital raising and corporate restructuring. It also undertakes principal investing activities globally in support of its client activities.
Advisory activities are divided into industry groups, reflecting key areas of expertise. With staff in 37 offices across 22 locations, Macquarie Capital is a truly global business. A role in the team will expose you to a dynamic working environment and the opportunity to contribute to high-profile transactions whilst working in a business with the best people in the industry.
The U.S. TMT Business Services team provides full-service investment banking and principal investment solutions to clients on a global basis. Clients include prominent corporate, start-up, venture capital and private equity participants. In the past year, the Business Services team has executed a number of transactions across M&A, debt, equity, and principal products.
Examples of notable Business Services deals include:
- Joint Bookrunner on Laureate Education’s $490Mn initial public offering
- Financial Advisor and Sole Placement Agent on $400Mn pre-IPO preferred equity investment in Laureate Education
- Financial Advisor to Vista Equity Partners on $1.6Bn acquisition of EAB
- Lead Left Arranger on $610Mn financing for Vista Equity Partners’ acquisition of EAB
- Financial Advisor to Baring Private Equity Asia on $4.3Bn acquisition of Nord Anglia
- Financial Advisor to Curriculum Associates on its sale to Berkshire Partners
- Joint Bookrunner and Joint Arranger on $1.2Bn financing for Baring Private Equity Asia’s acquisition of Nord Anglia
- Joint Arranger on $3.5Bn financing for Blackstone’s acquisition of Alight
- Joint Bookrunner and Joint Arranger on $1.8Bn financing for Rhone’s acquisition of Garda World Security
By leveraging Macquarie's global capabilities, you will apply your investment banking knowledge to assist our clients in meeting their financial and strategic needs. You will also be expected to participate in the full execution of advisory, capital raising and principal transactions; in the pursuit of new business opportunities; and in the servicing of existing portfolio investments including debt and equity positions.
This Analyst / Associate level position, based in Chicago, represents an exceptional opportunity to join a highly successful and growing team who values collegial teamwork and dedication to excellence. We welcome applications from candidates wanting to be a part of this success.
- 1 -5 years of experience in investment banking (M&A and equity capital markets experience would be valued)
- Graduate of leading national/global college or university
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications and financial modeling
- Understanding of financial statements, accounting and finance
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and challenging work environment
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional work ethic as well as time and process management skills
- Extremely proficient in conversational and written English
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Demonstrate a genuine desire to join a collegial, growing and entrepreneurial team
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Macquarie takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Print application form