Data Loss Prevention Engineer - Cyber Information Protection
Job no: COG-936134
Work type: Agency Worker
Group: Corporate Operations Group
Recruiter: Phil James
We are a forward looking Cyber protection team working across Macquarie Technology to create future ready services that protect Macquarie’s data from external threats.
As a senior resource responsible for security infrastructure and application systems within a global operating environment, we’ll ask you to design, build and operate application security solutions across technologies including Data Loss Prevention, Endpoint Threat management to meet business, service and lifecycle requirements.
We’ll also need you to:
- identify and implement automated solutions to remove existing manual tasks
- identify and perform proactive platform systems management
- own and resolve production issues escalated from L2 support, mentoring others and creating knowledgebase articles where possible.
- ongoing upgrade and maintenance of associated application platforms
- maintain relationships with key internal stakeholders.
- work with internal teams to review operational readiness of new projects, and contribute to solution designs and develop standards where appropriate
- work with product vendor to troubleshoot complex issues and identify new capabilities to meet changing business requirements
- Work with diverse stakeholders across multiple Macquarie businesses to perform analysis activities for the design, definition and implementation of information protection measures across Macquarie.
- facilitate training of key service offerings to the business.
To be successful in the role, we’d expect you to have over 5 years’ experience in a senior infrastructure or security infrastructure/application position with experience supporting enterprise environments, a related University degree, and strong experience working with endpoint security products from McAfee or Symantec, Windows, Microsoft Active Directory, UNIX, Linux, Networking, Firewalls. We’d also like you to bring:
- practical experience with developing in at least 1 programming or scripting language
- ability to work co-operatively with global technology teams
- an ability to lead, mentor and instruct less experienced team members
- the ability to deal effectively with colleagues and business users working in a constantly evolving environment across multiple time-zones and cultures
- a customer-focused approach with a "service first" mentality and best-in-class communication skills
- a self-starter mentality, and assume responsibility for a range of activities and tasks and willing to learn.
- the ability to view current processes and procedures as opportunities for enhancement, tuning and improvement
- exposure to ITIL
If this role offers the challenge you’re looking for, please apply here or get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services including workplace, HR, technology and market operations to drive operational excellence. [Insert for technology] Technology provides business-aligned account management, software development and manages Macquarie's enterprise-wide technology.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Print application form