We are looking to hire an Analyst to join the Principal Investments & Debt Capital Markets team in Macquarie Capital, London.
Macquarie Capital's Financial Sponsor business provides advisory and financing services, including M&A, ECM, Principal Investment and Leveraged Finance to private equity funds. The Principal Investment team focuses on making direct private investments across the capital structure from common equity to structured senior debt using the Macquarie balance sheet in a broad range of sectors, including industrials, TMT, healthcare, metals and mining, oil and gas, infrastructure and financial institutions. The team makes investments both alongside partners, mainly financial sponsors, and also as a lead sponsor. The European DCM team works closely with the Financial Sponsors business and the Principal transactions teams in Europe. It also works closely with Macquarie’s US DCM business supporting trans-Atlantic LBO debt and High Yield Bond issuance.
Macquarie Capital has a significant balance sheet deployed in this manner globally and has dedicated investment professionals based in London, New York, Hong Kong and Sydney. Given a significant increase in the volume of transactions being worked on, the European DCM team would like to add a junior Analyst to it team.
Duties / responsibilities:
- Prepare materials for Underwriting Committees
- Maintain a database of European LBO and HY Bond transactions
- Working closely with the senior team to execute opportunities
- Researching and evaluating a range of potential investment opportunities and taking ownership of the output
- Undertaking and taking ownership of the valuation work streams for new opportunities including comparable companies, transactions and discounted cash flow analysis
- Assisting in the co-ordination of due diligence work-streams
- Assisting with transaction management, for example preparation of timetables, working group lists, due diligence scopes and so forth
- Assisting in the preparation of transaction documentation
- Contributing to internal approval, risk and compliance processes
- Participation in investor presentations (UK and Europe)
Skills and experience required:
- Outstanding tertiary qualifications in Economics or Business
- Knowledge of European Leveraged Finance and syndication markets, whether directly or via trans-Atlantic debt issuance
- Demonstrable experience in financial modelling, including LBO models
- Demonstrable experience conducting financial sponsor related transactional due diligence & credit analysis on both debt & principal financing solutions
- European language proficiency would be favourably regarded
- Strong analytical / numerical skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong excel, power point and word skills
Macquarie Capital provides advisory and capital raising services to corporate and government clients involved in public mergers and acquisitions, private treaty acquisitions and divestments, debt and equity fund raising and corporate restructuring. It also undertakes principal investing activities globally in support of its client activities.
Advisory activities are divided into industry groups, reflecting key areas of expertise. With staff in 37 offices across 22 locations, Macquarie Capital is a truly global business. A role in the team will expose you to a dynamic working environment and the opportunity to contribute to high-profile transactions whilst working in a business with the best people in the industry.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
This opportunity is a Regulated Role: Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) - Approved Person (UK)