Associate - Country Human Resources - Hong Kong
Job no: COG-936109
Work type: Full time
Location: Hong Kong
Group: Corporate Operations Group
Division: Human Resources
Recruiter: Charlie Bright
We are seeking an Associate to join our Country HR team in Hong Kong. In this role, you will be providing in-country HR Generalist support & a high level of administrative and operational support to the Regional Head of HR.
Corporate Operations Group (COG) provides specialist professional services, human resources, workplace infrastructure, and technology and market operations to Macquarie's businesses. The primary purpose of COG is to support and enhance the value of Macquarie through the creation of an efficient, scalable operating model. This is evident across the activities of each of the divisions within COG which comprises of Business Improvement and Strategy Division (BIS), Business Services Division (BSD), COG Business Management, Human Resources Division (HR), Market Operations and Technology.
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available.
Roles and responsibilities will include:
Country HR Generalist
- Assist in the on-boarding process including applying for relevant work visas and providing an induction for new joiners of all levels.
- Coordinating exit handover processes including return of company property and communication of exits to relevant parties in a timely manner.
- Collect and inform IPT on payroll related changes on a monthly basis.
- Assist in the reporting obligations to and enquiries from local tax authorities, including the year-end tax reporting.
- Maintain Group Life and Medical Insurances enrolments and terminations.
- Assist in insurance review and renewals in conjunction with Regional HR.
- Maintain employee HR files in a fully confidential manner and ensure electronic employee HR files are kept up-to-date.
- Coordinate payment of HR invoices including approvals and cost centre allocation.
- Coordinate any Occupational Health and Safety requirements, as applicable.
Regional Head of HR Assistant
- Support the Regional Head of HR on diary and travel itineraries management including flights/accommodation booking.
- Assist in the preparation of regional presentations for Asia Management Committee and senior management.
- Coordinate Regional HR Leadership Team (HRLT) efforts and meetings.
- Assist with HR invoicing and procurement.
- Providing comprehensive support for HR team members including ad hoc administrative duties.
Skills and attributes required:
- Degree Qualified.
- A minimum of 1 year+ experience in HR administration/operations in a fast paced professional business environment, preferably within financial services industry.
- Strong communications skills in English and local language.
- Excellent organisational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Sound judgement regarding confidentiality, sensitive matters and management of sensitive information.
- The ability to liaise effectively with staff of all levels and display a high level of service orientation.
- Intermediate Microsoft skills including Word, Excel and Powerpoint and the ability to pick up new systems quickly.
- The ability to work without direct supervision.
- A team-focused and flexible attitude.
Advertised: China Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Print application form