Portfolio Implementation Manager, P&T - Sydney
Job no: BFS-936104
Work type: Full time
Group: Banking and Financial Services
Division: Product & Technology
Recruiter: Daniel Chase
Due to continued growth an exciting opportunity exists for a driven professional with strong prioritisation, investment and analytical skills to join our managed account team as a Portfolio Implementation Manager, within our Wealth Product and Technology division.
About the role
As a Portfolio Implementation Manager, within the Macquarie Managed Account business, you will work directly with an array of key stakeholders and assist in growing and implementing the Macquarie managed account offering that has retail and wholesale products and is a significant part of the Wrap Investment Platforms business that has close $80 billion in funds under administration.
Key responsibilities will include:
- being responsible for generating discretionary client orders, executing and managing market trades and reviewing accounts and investment models
- liaising directly and building relationships with external brokers, fund managers and vendors
- data analysis of clients, positions and potential risks
- collaborating across divisions of Macquarie and a range of teams within BFS including sales, product and SSC&O
- identifying and resolving issues on accounts and conducting follow up actions for any outstanding activities
- ability to work autonomously and as part of fast paced team
- working closely with the team to ensure the optimal outcome for clients while applying client, model and platform governance
- producing data and reports for the preparation and presentation of regular and ad-hoc reports to Investment Committees and Boards
To be successful in this role you will have a keen interest in markets, investments and trading and be highly driven. We’d like you to bring strong critical thinking and analytic skills, excellent written and communication skills, and the ability to effectively manage multiple and completing deadlines and understand new ideas and concepts quickly. You will also possess:
- knowledge of financial markets and trading
- Wrap and platform knowledge (an understanding of managed accounts is desirable but not essential)
- advanced excel skills and VBA would be highly regarded
- excellent numerical literacy and analytical skills
- tertiary qualification in Finance, Commerce or Economics is preferable
- high attention to detail
- strong relationship building and maintenance skills, with the ability to gain trust and understanding with stakeholders and external fund managers
If you're capable, motivated and keen to develop a deep level of knowledge of a growing specialised sector and platforms, we want you on our team.
Banking and Financial Services Group comprises Macquarie's retail banking and financial services businesses, providing a diverse range of personal banking, wealth management and business banking products and services to retail customers, advisers, brokers and business clients.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at http://www.macquarie.com/careers.
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility is available.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Print application form