Risk Management Origination Analyst - Risk Management Group - Houston
Job no: RMG-936029
Work type: Full time
Group: Risk Management Group
Recruiter: Tammy Lee
At Macquarie, we offer exceptional opportunities to accelerate your career. A diversified international provider of investment banking and specialist financial services around the world, Macquarie is a forward-thinking, fast growing organization. In joining Macquarie, you will have the opportunity to work in an exciting, dynamic environment where your contribution is recognized from day one.
Macquarie encourages its business units to be innovative and entrepreneurial within defined risk parameters. The Risk Management Group (RMG) is an independent unit, responsible for assessing, quantifying and mitigating risks across the businesses. The group's principal responsibility is to take an independent view on all of the risk decisions made by the business and is viewed as a valued partner in supporting the growth of all of Macquarie's businesses.
RMG comprises eight divisions including: Credit, Market Risk, Prudential Capital and Markets, Compliance, Operational Risk, Internal Audit, Data Policy Unit, and Quantitative Applications Division. RMG plays a pivotal role in supporting the growth of all Macquarie's businesses in the Americas.
The Credit Group (Credit), a division within RMG at Macquarie Group, is responsible for analyzing and assessing credit exposures taken by Macquarie, to minimize the risk of loss arising from failure of counterparties to repay loans or honor contracts. Credit's responsibilities include assessing the credit risks arising from new products, businesses, funds and complex trading structures. Credit is also responsible for undertaking reviews of counterparties and establishing appropriate limit frameworks. On principal transactions, Credit works with the deal teams to develop risk mitigation strategies.
- Direct involvement in assessing new and reviewing existing trading counterparts, transactions and documentation
- Involvement in due diligence, including financial risk, commercial risk, industry risk and country risk
- Work with the business on structured transactions, working closely with the deal team
- Communication of analysis to approvers and senior management
- The candidate will work on transactions primarily related to exposures related to energy, which may include power, natural gas, oil, renewables or combinations thereof. These transactions may involve Macquarie's Energy Markets Division, Macquarie Capital, Macquarie Fund entities or Macquarie Corporate and Asset Finance.
- Ideally at least 5 years of experience in structured transaction due diligence, with a focus on energy or related areas
- High levels of motivation, drive, tenacity, initiative and integrity
- Strong numerical, analytical and communication skills, including proficiency in financial modeling and model auditing
- Cross disciplinary thinking and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience with and knowledge of trading and trading concepts, including derivatives
- A genuine interest in the financial services and energy sectors
- Knowledge of current market activity across the energy spectrum
- Strong academic results and outstanding personal achievement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Print application form