Manager/Senior Manager, Operational Technology Risk
Job no: RMG-935940
Work type: Full time
Group: Risk Management Group
Division: Operational Risk
Recruiter: Shien Wu
As part of our Operational Risk division, this is an excellent opportunity to apply your creativity, persuasiveness, technology and risk management skills and experience to implement and further develop Macquarie’s Operational Risk Management Framework (ORMF).
Your specific responsibilities will include:
- Facilitation and oversight of the implementation of the ORMF with a technology focus, including providing insight to the Board on the same,
- Development and the provision of training and advice about operational technology risk policies and methodologies across Macquarie’s global business
- Understanding the business and technology risk profiles and key processes and where appropriate act as a catalyst for change
- Reviewing and challenging technology risk reporting, assessments, incidents and assurance activities
- Applying analytics to operational risk data to identify risks and trends to improve technology risk management
- Provision of insights and advice to businesses on the best practice for design, measurement, analysis, evaluation and reporting of technology operational risk
- Responding to requests from various stakeholders including regulators, auditors and Macquarie senior management.
We ask that you combine your extensive experience in Operational Risk, Internal and/or External Audit experience gained within an international financial institution and/or professional services firm with your strong problem solving skills to challenge the status quo and further develop and build on our ORMF.
We’d like you to have:
- A tertiary degree in Technology or a related area. Professional qualifications (CA) or relevant postgraduate degrees are desirable
- The ability to think laterally with strong problem solving, persuasive skills and an ability to grasp abstract concepts and complex technology situations
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to initiate and lead conversations with technology and business leaders and risk management colleagues regarding anticipated and emerging issues
- A working knowledge of the regulatory environment in which Macquarie operates
- A high level of technological awareness and a familiarity with Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) systems
- The ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a global matrixed organisation to deliver results
- Tenacity, agility and a proven ability to sustain high levels of performance in a fast-paced, output focused environment.
Risk Management Group is an independent, centralised unit responsible for ensuring all risk across Macquarie are appropriately assessed and managed. Its divisions include Credit, Prudential, Capital and Markets, Market Risk, Operational Risk, Compliance, Quantitative Applications and Internal Audit.
Macquarie’s Operational Risk Management team facilitates the continued improvement in operational risk management across the Macquarie Group, through the ongoing refinement and implementation of the Operational Risk Management Framework. It is the coordinating central force for operational risk management across the Group.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers For more information on this opportunity, please contact Shien Wu on 02 8237 3191.
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Print application form