Operational Risk Manager - Banking and Financial Services Group
Job no: BFS-935877
Work type: Full time
Group: Banking and Financial Services
Division: BFS Central
Recruiter: Renee Read
Are you an Operational Risk Specialist who can ensure our Banking & Financial Services (BFS) businesses meet all our operational risk requirements?
About the role
We are currently seeking an ambitious Operational Risk Specialist to support our Banking & Financial Services division. Reporting to the Head of Operational Risk, you will work directly with key stakeholders of the business and actively manage and develop the operational risk framework for businesses across BFS.
You will be responsible for ensuring the function actively supports the identification, management and mitigation of operational risks and to carry out necessary risk activities.
Key responsibilities will include:
- assisting in the development of operational risk frameworks, a strong risk management culture and to be recognized for providing expert operational risk advice
- assessing significant new product or business opportunities via the Macquarie approval process
- providing risk guidance on various business projects and ensure appropriate frameworks are in place to manage project and business risks
- partnering with all areas of the business to ensure they clearly understand their role in relation to effective operational risk management
- participating in appropriate Macquarie risk related committees
- leading the implementation and maintenance of effective risk management and control frameworks through completion of targeted reviews of critical controls and self-assessments
- managing the assurance function, including the design and implementation of an assurance plan to accommodate changes in the business
You are experienced from within the Big 4 Professional services firms or have operational risk experience within frameworks and are seeking an opportunity to build your career through partnering with a dynamic team.
You will have:
- the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team of specialists
- the ability to effectively prioritize, manage deadlines and understand new ideas and concepts quickly
- reputation for adherence to standards, policies and all regulatory requirements
- Strong relationship building and maintenance skills, ability to gain buy-in, trust and understanding, to influence and negotiate, be highly visible and to provide transparency of process to clients and team
- An enthusiastic, self-motivated and proactive person
If you have demonstrated the ability to think strategically about operational risk with a high degree of commercial acumen apply now. For a confidential discussion please contact Renee Read 02 8232 3900.
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team. Banking and Financial Services Group comprises Macquarie's retail banking and financial services businesses, providing a diverse range of personal banking, wealth management and business banking products and services to retail customers, advisers, brokers and business clients.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careerseers
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Print application form