Junior Java Developer/DevOps Analyst
Job no: COG-935861
Work type: Full time, Part time
Group: Corporate Operations Group
Recruiter: Sophie Lumsden
Macquarie Group is offering an exciting opportunity for a Junior Developer/DevOps Analyst with a strong background in Java to join a diverse and innovative team that develops and maintains critical applications for our Risk Management business.
As a developer in our team, you will be working on several projects and various state of the art technologies, and will also gain exposure to strategic initiatives including Cloud migration onboarding of Self Service Data Analytics tools.
This role will comprise of:
- Design, development, testing (unit & automation), implementation and maintenance of software solutions with a focus on quality and DevOps principles
- Rolling out and supporting state of the art self-service Data Analytics tools (including Tableau and Alteryx)
- Production support, including coordinating the resolution of High Severity incidents
To be successful in the role, we would expect you to have:
- Practical experience in Core and Enterprise Java (1.8 preferred)
- Basic understanding of microservices architecture
- Experience using and developing RESTful APIs using JAX-RS, JSON
- Experience with event-based and message-driven distributed systems
- Experience in RDMS, SQL and JPA
- Good understanding of data structures, design patterns and algorithms
- Basic skills in UNIX scripting
- Experience with SDLC tools (e.g. Bamboo, JIRA, GIT, Confluence)
- The ability to communicate problems and solutions effectively with both business and technical stakeholders (written and verbal)
Optional but highly desirable skills:
- Experience with Cloud technologies (e.g. AWS, OpenStack etc.)
- Exposure to testing frameworks such as Cucumber, Robot Framework and Selenium
- Experience with distributed data technologies such as Apache Spark, Hadoop etc.
- Experience delivering projects in an Agile environment
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team. We welcome and encourage candidates interested in flexible or part time working arrangements.
Founded in 1969, Macquarie Group is a global financial services provider with offices in 28 countries. We thrive on an entrepreneurial culture, delivering opportunity for our clients with accountability. Because of our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we understand the importance that diversity and inclusion brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group (COG) brings together specialist support services including workplace, human resources, market operations and technology. COG's purpose is to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost and risk. COG comprises the following divisions: Business Improvement and Strategy, Business Services, Human Resources, Market Operations, and Technology.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Print application form