Senior Change Manager – Regulatory Reporting (12 month contract)
Job no: FMG-935844
Work type: Maximum term
Group: Financial Management Group
Recruiter: Blair Henderson
The Group Regulatory Reporting (GRR) team is part of the Financial Management Group (FMG) and is responsible for a broad range of Macquarie wide external and internal reporting requirements. GRR has exposure to all aspects of the Macquarie Group’s activities with a focus predominately on balance sheet, capital and liquidity reporting. The team has regular interactions with Macquarie staff across the Group including Group Treasury and other Finance teams, the Risk Management Group, the Corporate Operations Group and Macquarie business units.
Department responsibilities include:
- project work including the development & implementation of Macquarie specific regulatory reporting systems and process reengineering.
- develop, maintain and oversee the implementation of the Group Regulatory Reporting Control Framework around new requirements
- assessment of the reporting implications of ongoing regulatory change
- technical support regarding the regulatory reporting treatment of new requirements.
- management reporting to internal stakeholders
- ad hoc requests as required by Senior Executive.
About the role
An excellent opportunity exists for a senior manager with a strong back ground supporting process and system based projects to join Macquarie's Financial Management Group as a Senior Manager. The successful candidate would ideally have experience within financial institutions with a background in Regulatory Reporting, have demonstrated experience in interpreting and developing technical business requirements and be confident managing change across functional teams through project and change delivery.
Key responsibilities will include:
- application of business subject matter expertise to gather requirements and business context
- facilitating feedback, review business requirements and ensure adherence to project timelines
- documentation of business process and functional requirements, including technical specifications
- work with IT in system design and solution delivery
- manage cross functional relationships across the group
- provide accurate and timely updates to stakeholders and project work stream leads
- self-starter with ability to manage multiple tasks and work flows and ensure that deliverables are understood and achieved
- a flexible, proactive, solution oriented approach
- team orientated approach
- clear, concise written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- strong sense of ownership of areas of responsibility
- ability to motivate and lead by example to influence the behaviour of the wider team, including team members located offshore
- strong customer service ethic, subject to maintaining an internal control environment
- anticipate potential problems and contribute to identifying innovative solutions.
- strong accounting skills including understanding of financial controls
- ’can do’ attitude, with a proven record of delivering project outcomes
You will be degree qualified, CA qualified and have at least 5 years post qualification experience. Demonstrated experience in financial services / investment banking, with previous exposure to Regulatory Reporting will be a distinct advantage.
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate communications and investor relations.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team. We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility is available.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Print application form