MIRA Finance - New York
About the role
The Executive / Manager, MIRA Finance, New York, is a key member of a team responsible for management and statutory reporting for the Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets (“MIRA”) business in the United States, predominantly focused on activities falling within the Non Group functional work-stream. The MIRA finance team in New York manages the finance function of MIRA investment vehicles investing in infrastructure and real assets throughout North America, with the aim of providing income and capital growth to investors.
Coordinate the preparation of all quarterly financial reporting, including financial statements, capital statements and limited partner reporting requirements;
- Assist with the annual financial statement audit, including management of external auditors;
- Oversight of external service providers, including review of financial reporting, tax calculations and investor reconciliations;
- Ensure integrity and completeness of financial records, including reviewing transaction processing, reconciliations and the establishment of accounting processes and policies;
- Oversight of waterfall calculations, capital calls, distributions and fee calculations
- Ensure integrity and completeness of financial records, including transactions processing, reconciliations and the establishment of account processes and policies;
- Provide general accounting support to the business including responses to ad-hoc requests; and
- Research and resolve technical account issues.
You will have:
- BS or MS in Accounting or equivalent, CPA/CA required
- 2+ years practical working experience in accounting required, mix of public accounting and private sector accounting in a private equity company preferred
- Experience in alternative financial services and private equity structures,
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP and exposure to financial services
- Well organized, self-starter, who can manage a range of competing priorities and projects
- Strong organization skills and detail oriented
- Can resolve complex / technical issues in a practical manner
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate communications and investor relations.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Macquarie takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.