Front Office Developer
Job no: COG-935732
Work type: Full time, Part time
Group: Corporate Operations Group
Recruiter: Sophie Lumsden
Macquarie is looking for a Front Office Engineer to join the Technology team supporting the Macquarie Asset Management (MAM) business unit. This is a great opportunity for a DevOps Engineer or Developer to join a growing team, be exposed to the MAM business and become an expert on systems across the Investments platform.
In this role, you will be working on a variety of different types of projects across the platform, including changes to support new business capability, enhancements and system maintenance. You will have the opportunity to work on software packages (configuration and technical operating environment) as well as in-house built systems.
About the role
Key responsibilities will include:
- work closely with the Business Analysts and directly with the business to understand requirements
- take ownership of change through the full lifecycle, from requirements to implementation
- take part in functional design workshops and translate designs into technical specs
- hands on application development, testing and implementation of agreed designs
- ensure quality standards and a high level of professionalism is met at all times
- own and maintain the platform
You are a DevOps Engineer with 4+ years’ experience in DevOps or Development, ideally within the financial services industry.
We want to hear from you if you have:
- experience in SQL and relational databases
- experience with Windows and Unix / Linux scripting
- experience with configuration of application packages and their operating environment (database, file system, servers, etc)
- experience with application integration and knowledge of technical integration concepts
- experience supporting of mission critical systems in a high pressure environment
- effective written and verbal communication skills
- strong problem solving skills, with accurate decision making abilities
- strong interpersonal skills and ability to be a team player
- the ability to operate independently, to be proactive, and able to interact with stakeholders
- be capable and interested in learning about the Asset Management business
- degree qualification or equivalent in a relevant computer science disciplines
The Corporate Operations Group (COG) brings together specialist support services including workplace, human resources, market operations and technology. COG's purpose is to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost and risk. COG comprises the following divisions: Business Improvement and Strategy, Business Services, Human Resources, Market Operations, and Technology.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team. Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available. Our Technology Returner program is an opportunity for you to re-integrate yourself into the workforce following an extended professional career break. Find out more and apply at https://www.macquarie.com/au/about/careers/jobs/returner-program.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Print application form