Job no: COG-935639
Work type: Agency Worker, Full time, Part time
Group: Corporate Operations Group
Recruiter: Jon Grant
We need your expertise as a Frontend Engineer to help us build the future of our banking experience by making it as easy and as captivating as possible, just as it should be.
Our aim is to continuously deliver web based front-end solutions with modern technologies as an agile team. We also aim to continuously improve in our process, technology and as a team which makes us dynamic and innovative.
You would mainly be responsible for:
- translating UI/UX designs wireframes to actual code that produce visual elements of the applications
- ensuring the technical feasibility of UI/UX design
- working with the UI/UX designer and bridging the gap between graphical design and technical implementation
- building reusable code and libraries for future use
- optimising application for maximum speed and scalability
- assuring that the user-facing features comply with the standards set for design, coding, security and legal
- creating unit tests that support your code
- collaborating with other team members and stakeholders
- working with the team to support the product as a DevOps team
- being across changes in the fast-moving world of Frontend Engineering
- interacting with the team in technical discussions, design & code reviews
- identifying and addressing performance and scalability bottlenecks
- participating in defining & evolving best practices for front end engineering.
Your time will typically be split across core development, enhancement of the product and supporting the product, working with the team on the technical design, coordinating with both internal and external clients, and working across the full development life-cycle to include design, testing and peer code reviews.
We expect you to have a BTech/BS/BCA/MCA/ or an equivalent degree in Computer Science, Information Systems and/or Technology, and you will also need you to have:
- a minimum of 3 years of working experience as a Frontend developer
- proficient understanding of NodeJS, NPM and packaging tool like WebPack/ Grunt/ Gulp
- proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- good understanding of writing unit tests in jasmine
- basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image
- experience with GIT source control, along with CI tools like Bamboo and proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
We would also ideally like you to bring experience in:
- web application hosting in Cloud
- Google Analytics
- automated software testing tools is an added advantage
- experience in the DevOps space as we have started the DevOps journey.
If this sounds like you, apply here or reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The Corporate Operations Group (COG) brings together specialist support services including workplace, human resources, market operations and technology. COG's purpose is to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost and risk. COG comprises the following divisions: Business Improvement and Strategy, Business Services, Human Resources, Market Operations, and Technology.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available. Our Technology Returner program is an opportunity for you to re-integrate yourself into the workforce following an extended professional career break. Find out more and apply at https://www.macquarie.com/au/about/careers/jobs/returner-program.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Print application form