Job no: COG-935639
Work type: Agency Worker, Full time
Group: Corporate Operations Group
Recruiter: Jon Grant
We need your expertise as a Frontend Engineer to help us building the future of our banking experience by making it as easy and captivating as possible, just as it should be.
Our aim is to continuously deliver web based front-end solutions with modern technologies as an agile team. We also aim to continuously improve in our process, technology and as a team which makes us dynamic and innovative.
You would mainly be responsible for
- translate UI/UX designs wireframes to actual code that produce visual elements of the applications
- ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX design
- work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation
- build reusable code and libraries for future use
- optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- assure that the user-facing features comply with the standards set for design, coding, security and legal
- create unit tests that support your code
- collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- work with the team to support the product as a DevOps team
- be across changes in the fast-moving world of Frontend Engineering
- Interact with team in technical discussions, design & code reviews
- Identify and address performance and scalability bottlenecks
- Participate in defining & evolving best practices for front end engineering.
Your time with typically be split across core development, enhancement of the product and supporting the product, working with the team on the technical design, coordinating with both internal and external clients, and working across the full development lifecycle to include design, testing and peer code reviews.
We expect you to have a BTech/BS/BCA/MCA/ or an equivalent degree course in Computer Science, Information Systems and/or Technology, and will also need you to have:
- minimum of 3 years of working experience as a Frontend developer
- proficient understanding of NodeJS, NPM and packaging tool like WebPack/ Grunt/ Gulp
- proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- good understanding of writing unit tests in jasmine
- basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image
- experience with GIT source control, along with CI tools like Bamboo and proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
We would also ideally like you to bring experience in
- web application hosting in Cloud
- Google Analytics
- automated software testing tools is an added advantage
- experience in the DevOps space as we have started the DevOps journey.
The Corporate Operations Group (COG) brings together specialist support services including workplace, human resources, market operations and technology. COG's purpose is to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost and risk. COG comprises the following divisions: Business Improvement and Strategy, Business Services, Human Resources, Market Operations, and Technology.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Print application form