Macquarie Capital is a global, full-service investment and merchant bank, and provides advisory and capital raising services to corporates, government and financial sponsor clients involved in mergers and acquisitions, take privates, asset divestitures, debt and equity capital raising and corporate restructuring. It also undertakes principal investing activities globally in support of its client activities.
Advisory activities are divided into industry groups, reflecting key areas of expertise. With staff in 37 offices across 22 locations, Macquarie Capital is a truly global business. A role in the team will expose you to a dynamic working environment and the opportunity to contribute to high-profile transactions whilst working in a business with the best people in the industry.
The U.S. TMT team provides full-service investment banking and principal investment solutions to clients on a global basis, with offices in New York, Chicago, and San Francisco. Clients include prominent corporate, start-up, venture capital and private equity participants. In the past 5 years, TMT team has executed over 60 transactions with a combined transaction value exceeding $30 billion across M&A, debt, equity, and principal products.
Examples of recent TMT deals include:
- Advisor to Siris Capital on their $1.6BN take private of Polycom and Sole Bookrunner and Sole Lead Arranger for the $975 million of the debt financing
- Joint Bookrunner on the debt and equity bridge financing for the $5.3BN take-private acquisition of Informatica
- Financial Advisor, Sole Bookrunner and Lead Arranger to Wasserstein Partners on their acquisition of Northstar Travel Group
- Financial Advisor to ABRY Partners on their $550MM sale of EMC to Global Eagle
- Joint Bookrunner and Joint Lead Arranger to Vista Equity Partners' $6.2BN of acquisition financing of DH Corp. by Misys
- Joint Bookrunner and Joint Lead Arranger to Vista Equity Partners' $4.2BN of acquisition financing of Solera Holdings Inc.
- Joint Bookrunner and Joint Lead Arranger to Thoma Bravo's $1.65BN of acquisition financing of Solarwinds
- Advisor to Siris Capital on their $1.0BN take private of Premiere Global Services, Inc.
- Joint Bookrunner to Warner Music Group's $300MM of Senior Secured Notes Offering
- Sole Bookrunner to Vista Equity Partners' $245MM acquisition financing of Mediaocean
- Sole Financial Advisor to Wasserstein Partners for the sale of Recorded Books to Shamrock Capital
- Financial Advisor to Centerbridge Partners' $1.35BN acquisition of Great Wolf Resorts
- Select principal investments include Modern Luxury Media, Prime Focus World, Achieve3000, Digital River, Informatica, Tritech Software, Pulse Secure, SOASTA and Encompass Digital Media
By leveraging Macquarie's global capabilities, you will apply your investment banking and principal investing knowledge to assist our clients in meeting their financial and strategic needs. You will also be expected to participate in the full execution of advisory, capital raising and principal transactions; in the pursuit of new business opportunities; and in the servicing of existing portfolio investments including debt and equity positions.
This experienced Associate / Vice President level position, based in San Francisco, represents an exceptional opportunity to join a highly successful and growing team, who values collegial teamwork and dedication to excellence. We welcome applications from candidates wanting to be a part of this success.
- Significant deal experience across M&A, debt, and equity capital markets
- 5-8 years of overall work experience, preferably focused on TMT investment banking
- Graduate of top MBA and/or undergraduate program
- MBA preferred, but not required
- Ability to fully oversee the execution of transactions with a proven track record and deal experience
- Deep understanding of financial statements, accounting and finance
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast paced and challenging work environment
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional work ethic as well as time and project management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Demonstrate a genuine desire to join a collegial, growing and entrepreneurial team
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications and financial modeling
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.