Manager/Senior Manager, Compliance - Retail Banking
Job no: RMG-935469
Work type: Full time
Group: Risk Management Group
Recruiter: Shien Wu
- Banking and Financial Services Group (BFS)
- Enhance frameworks, advise key stakeholders and manage regulator relationships
- Innovative organisation with real career progression opportunities
About the role
The Compliance team within our Banking and Financial Services Group has a strong reputation and is actively engaged with the business at all levels. We have an opportunity available for a Manager/Senior Manager to join our Compliance team. As part of the Compliance team, you will work with senior compliance professionals and key stakeholders to actively manage compliance risks in our Banking and Financial Services Group.
This is a true business facing compliance role, where you will utilise your proven relationship and stakeholder management skills to advise the business and get involved in end to end product initiatives, and partner on upcoming projects and innovations. This is a varied role with a lot of growth potential, based at our Shelley Street, Sydney CBD offices. If you have substantial compliance experience from a Banking or Regulatory environment, we would like to hear from you.
Key responsibilities will include:
- review and enhance the compliance and risk management framework across multiple retail banking products
- advise and assist key stakeholders to meet their compliance requirements including documenting the existence and adequacy of controls
- engage with stakeholders in the Banking businesses and the broader Macquarie Risk Management Group
- advise the business on new and changed regulations and standards, and assist the business to assess business impacts
- perform targeted compliance risk and policy reviews, and draft and assist with implementing solutions to process and control design
- incident and breach reporting; and track identified control improvements and actions to ensure they are implemented.
To be successful, you will be an experienced compliance professional with a proven track-record in, & understanding of risk management and the regulatory and compliance environment in retail financial services and/or banking, You will also:
- hold relevant tertiary qualifications in Law, Finance, Commerce or a similar discipline
- have strong communication and interpersonal skills, resilience and sound judgement
- demonstrate a high degree of commercial acumen and self-motivation
- possess the ability to deliver in a fast-paced, output focused environment
- have the ability to bring a high level of energy and commitment to the team.
If you possess solid compliance, legal or risk management experience from within the retail banking sector or a financial services regulator and are looking to progress your career, please apply by following the link.
Risk Management Group is an independent, centralised unit responsible for ensuring all risk across Macquarie are appropriately assessed and managed. Its divisions include Credit, Prudential, Capital and Markets, Market Risk, Operational Risk, Compliance, Quantitative Applications and Internal Audit. Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Print application form