Senior Manager Trading Finance EMEA - Financial Control
Job no: FMG-934718
Work type: Full time
Group: Financial Management Group
Recruiter: Hannah Pain
About the role
We’re looking for a Senior Manager to lead the Financial Control London team responsible for Macquarie's EMEA based Trading businesses. As part of role you will consult with Macquarie Trading business units to provide advice on the correct IFRS accounting treatment for their respective transactions/deals and other various projects. In-depth technical knowledge and experience is required.
Key responsibilities include:
- Reviewing proposed transactions for appropriate accounting and commercial treatment, and coordinate Finance Management Group approvals
- Communicating complex topics and issues to non-specialists
- Providing assistance with interpreting and practically applying accounting standards
- Responsible for complete & accurate legal entity accounts for direct businesses supported – including month end reviews and reconciliation oversight
- Responsible for implementation of the financial control framework
- Responsible for reporting deliverables to Finance stakeholders (including Direct Tax, Indirect Tax, Regulatory and Legal Entity Control) – both regular and ad-hoc in nature
- Manage the London Trading Financial Control team.
The successful candidate will be a Chartered Accountant with technical accounting experience in an Accounting Policy team. You will have:
- Demonstrated post qualified banking experience working in a technical accounting role
- Strong knowledge across IFRS standards
- Strong intellectual curiosity, coupled with the ability to think logically and commercially
- Ability to effectively work in teams and operate in a collaborative environment
- Tenacity to get to the right outcome by performing thorough research
- Strong client service skills, and control/ risk awareness
- possess strong communication & influencing skills
- Ability to develop and manage relationships with multiple stakeholders at all levels
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate communications and investor relations.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Print application form