We are looking for an experienced and driven professional with strong analytical skills to join our team in the key role of Workforce Planning Manager supporting our Call Centres and reporting to the Head of Client Service.
We're here to create success for our clients, colleagues and communities in an environment where you can own your career and future. We are committed to providing opportunities that help you reach your potential, and we are looking for people who think differently and take ownership of what they do. In BFS, you'll be empowered to innovate and explore new boundaries.
About the role
We have an opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Workforce Planner. This strategic position is responsible for providing information to the Client Services Contact Centre to support business decisions, through the preparation of timely and accurate forecasts, creation of effective schedules, and successful planning of on and off-call activities with specific focus on improving the customer experience and maximising operational efficiencies.
As Workforce Planning Manager you will be responsible for ensuring strategic goals are met through forecast modelling, capacity planning, collaboration and effective communication, while ensuring forecast alignment with strategic goals. This position is responsible for long term, short term and intraday contact volume, productivity and capacity forecasts and providing leadership with risk mitigation plans. This position will act as a support to the Contact Centre Leadership, assisting through the provision of guidance on performance impact analysis and operational planning.
Reporting into the Call Centre Manager you will
- Contribute to the development of a best practice workforce management capability
- Create long term forecast, mid-range, short term and intraday forecasts
- Support business decisions through the provision of data and analysis with specific focus on improving the customer experience and maximizing operational efficiencies
- Validate influences/drivers (factors determining forecasts)
- Create a meaningful interpretation of data through use of the Avaya WFM tool, industry experience and business logic to frame scenarios that enable decision making
- Aggregate forecast information for senior leadership to be used for headcount, budget, and capacity planning purposes
- Articulate reasons for forecast variance and recommend changes to enhance forecast accuracy and effectiveness
- Study leave and absence records (shrinkage) for on-going historical trend analysis and offer recommendations for forecasting purposes.
- Responsible for call volume monitoring and forecast adjusting by day by interval
- Works with team leaders to ensure adequate staff, contingency plans and workflow monitoring
- Collaborate with call centre leaders to understand the fast changing business needs and make updates where necessary
- Identify and/or contribute to initiatives aimed at exceeding service quality standards and striving for continuous process improvement
You will have previous experience as a Workforce Planner, and be able to demonstrate a customer centric approach, your strong achievement drive and commitment will help the team realise challenging business goals. You will possess:
- Proven experience in a workforce planning role and understanding of a call centre environment – preferably front and back of house
- Experienced in analysing results and providing concise and accurate business reports Comprehensive knowledge of Avaya and/or Verint Workforce Management Tool
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Good written communication skills
- Self-starter and independent. Team oriented and results driven
- Ability to interface with all levels of management
- Demonstrated complex problems solving skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Able to adapt to change and be resilient
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please indicate your interest immediately and request a more detailed description of the role.
Banking and Financial Services Group comprises Macquarie's retail banking and financial services businesses, providing a diverse range of personal banking, wealth management and business banking products and services to retail customers, advisers, brokers and business clients.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility is available.