Manager, Legal Entity Control
About the role:
We have a great opportunity for a Manager to join the Legal Entity Control (LEC) team in our newly opened Jacksonville, FL office. The LEC has broad responsibilities including financial control, financial reporting and financial compliance. Managers in the LEC team at GFS play a key role in the overall management of designated legal entities. Their primary role is to support the / act as the financial controller to the Legal Entity ("LE") and this requires a solid understanding of the businesses operating in the LE.
Key responsibilities include:
• Develop a strong business understanding over time and use it to provide context to accounting and financial matters
• Extensive IFRS based financial reporting; preparing and reviewing financial statements and supporting them with well-developed analytical reviews – both at Group and/or at subsidiary levels
• Regular compliance activities which form part of ongoing monitoring and control – monthly financial review of entity balances, attestation of all LE owned balances, impairment reviews, preparation of financial reports for Board Meetings
• Preparing and reviewing balance sheet commentaries (quarterly), legal entity recaps and funding for transaction investments, cash settlements of intercompany balances as well as managing FX exposure and reviewing journals for hedging
• Review of the financial performance of the entity on a regular basis (especially during the year end process) and presenting to the senior leaders in the finance and tax team
• Assist Group Tax in their preparation of tax returns / information supporting the tax returns
• Reviewing and improving processes, controls and systems that impact the financial information related to legal entities
• Identify and proactively resolve issues that could result in financial misstatements and classification errors
• Undertake and deliver projects, improvement initiatives and standardization approaches
• Take responsibility and ownership over the work performed within the GFS team, ensuring adherence to the timetable and work plan and maintaining high quality deliverables.
This role is a combination of team management as well as individually managed and delivered responsibilities
You will hold a postgraduate / professional accounting qualification, preferably CPA possessing:
• 6-7 years of relevant post qualification experience with a strong focus on the technical / specialist skills mentioned above
• Prior experience in Consolidation / Group Reporting / Financial Statement Preparation & IFRS exposure is a key preference
• A willingness to travel overseas
• A willingness to work in different time zones to support requirements across geographies
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Macquarie takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.