Tax Accounting Job - Direct Compliance, Manager
Job no: FMG-929423
Work type: Full time
Group: Financial Management Group
Recruiter: Amy Hillard
The Financial Management Group (FMG) is focused on managing Macquarie's funding and capital, while providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management. It ensures Macquarie continues to meet its financial regulatory and compliance obligations. The Finance Division supports Macquarie's operating groups by providing financial management and control, management reporting and forecasting, regulatory reporting and business advisory services. The division works closely with Treasury, Tax and Investor Relations to support each of Macquarie's Operating Groups.
Macquarie is opening a Global Finance Services center in Jacksonville in early 2016, creating a range of highly skilled financial services jobs. Our Global Finance Services (GFS) team focuses on improving scalability and efficiency by centralizing Macquarie-wide finance activities and processes.
We are seeking candidates who are comfortable working in a collaborative environment with modern systems and technologies, who have a natural tendency to problem solve, and who continually think about improving the way things are done.
Macquarie is excited to be coming to Jacksonville - candidate interviews will commence in late 2015 with the Macquarie Jacksonville office opening in early 2016.
- Supervise the preparation of corporate federal and state income and franchise tax returns (annual, quarterly, extensions) prepared by the support team
- Prepare complex entity corporate income and franchise tax returns (annual, quarterly, extensions)
- Review quarterly US tax instalment calculations
- Monitor and track upcoming tax compliance obligations on tax calendar system
- Assist in the administration and ongoing refinement to tax compliance software (Thompson OneSource)
- Liaise with the Tax Advisory team on, and supervise the preparation of, returns dealing with international transactions – Forms 1120 F (US income tax return of foreign corporation), 5471 (Non-US subsidiary, eg, CFC return), 5472 (Informational return for Non-US affiliates inbound and outbound payments) and 1042 (Withholding tax return)
- Work with the Tax Advisory team in reviewing Business Unit transactions and positions.
- Perform research on tax technical issues, such as combined/consolidated filing positions, reporting federal changes
- Assist with federal and state audits
- Respond to correspondence and notices from federal, states and cities
- Delegate incoming work to the team based on experience and task complexity
- Act as an escalation point for team regarding complex questions, obstacles and decisions
- Set expectations and key objectives, and provide regular feedback to junior members of the team
- Provide support and development to junior team members to enhance their knowledge and effectiveness
Our business is to realize opportunities for our clients, stakeholders and staff, and is characterized by accountability and integrity. We are able to achieve this through the initiative and drive of each member of our team.
What this means about you:
- Bachelors Degree, in accounting and/or finance, Masters in Tax and/or CPA
- 6-7 years experience in a similar tax reporting role, preferably tax information reporting and operations related in funds management, and/or investment banking
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines, and guide team members on key priorities
- Strong communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills, capable of building effective working relationship across functions and offices
- Strong people leadership skills
- Focus on ensuring and enhancing quality in work products
- Sound decision making approach and comfort escalating when required
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership of key deliverables
- Desire to lead and guide others to achieve goals and objectives
- Places importance on enabling and supporting team members to maximize their capability
- Open communicator who is keen to share and receive knowledge
- Energized by the opportunity to build relationships across the business and globe and build collaboration
- Continuous drive to find and deliver on opportunities to improve the business
- Financial Services industry experience preferred
For more information go to http://www.macquarie.com/us/about/careers
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, uniformed service, protected veteran status, a physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Print application form