The Financial Management Group (FMG) is focused on managing Macquarie's funding and capital, while providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management. It ensures Macquarie continues to meet its financial regulatory and compliance obligations. The Finance Division supports Macquarie's operating groups by providing financial management and control, management reporting and forecasting, regulatory reporting and business advisory services. The division works closely with Treasury, Tax and Investor Relations to support each of Macquarie's Operating Groups.
Macquarie is opening a Global Finance Services center in Jacksonville in early 2016, creating a range of highly skilled financial services jobs. Our Global Finance Services (GFS) team focuses on improving scalability and efficiency by centralizing Macquarie-wide finance activities and processes.
We are seeking candidates who are comfortable working in a collaborative environment with modern systems and technologies, who have a natural tendency to problem solve, and who continually think about improving the way things are done.
Macquarie is excited to be coming to Jacksonville - candidate interviews will commence in late 2015 with the Macquarie Jacksonville office opening in early 2016.
The Non-Trading Finance team supports the four non-trading businesses at Macquarie; Macquarie Asset Management (MAM), Macquarie Capital (MacCap), Banking and Financial Services (BFS) and Corporate and Asset Finance (CAF). Covering the four regions, ANZ, Asia, EMEA and the Americas, this function supports the business activities of Macquarie Group as well as specific non consolidated entities performing financial control, business reporting and where applicable non consolidated fund or entity statutory reporting activities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage the month end general ledger close and associated balance sheet and profit and loss reporting and commentary
- Reviewing monthly reconciliations of key balance sheet items, ensuring all balances are appropriately supported
- Overseeing specific monthly business unit level reporting
- Involvement in new business product approvals, including providing financial reporting support for all new products
- Compliance with Legal entity control and reporting, ensuring assets and liabilities and any associated profit and loss are recorded in the appropriate legal entity
- Overseeing the provision of tax, regulatory and financial reporting information as required for Macquarie Group purposes
- Oversee statutory reporting activities including tax compliance for non consolidated funds or entities where applicable
- Managing the relationship with internal and external auditors
- Ensuring compliance with the Macquarie Financial Control Framework
- Reviewing work performed by Third Party Administrators used by Macquarie
- Continuously challenging and improving processes to ensure finance service is delivered in an effective manner
- Leading and managing the team, ensuring continued staff development and engagement
- Managing key client relationships and handling first level escalations
- Ensuring Macquarie's goals and values are demonstrated in all work performed
- Communicate with other internal departments where appropriate, in particular, Regulatory Reporting, Corporate Reporting and Taxation.
- Ensure team maintain documentation of various processes and procedures
- Continually question and attempt to improve the control environment
- Delegate incoming work to the team based on experience and task complexity
- Act as an escalation point for team regarding complex questions, obstacles and decisions
- Set expectations and key objectives, and provide feedback to junior members of the team
Provide support and development to junior team members to enhance their effectiveness
- Bachelors Degree, in accounting and/or finance
- Postgraduate / professional accounting qualification, preferably CPA
- 6-7 years of post qualification experience including 4+ years of people management experience
- Strong background in Financial Accounting and Reporting Services (essential), inclusive of public accounting firm experience
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership of key deliverables
- Desire to lead and guide others to achieve goals and objectives
- Places importance on enabling and supporting team members to maximize their capability
- Open communicator who is keen to share and receive knowledge
- Energized by the opportunity to build relationships across the business and globe and build collaboration
- Continuous drive to find and deliver on opportunities to improve the business
- Strong cross-function communication skills
- Strong people management skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Focus on qualitative improvements to work product
- Ability to effectively communicate and escalate up the chain when required
- Interest in travelling overseas to build relationships with key stakeholders
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, uniformed service, protected veteran status, a physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by law.