Tax Accounting - Executive
Job no: FMG-926790
Work type: Full time
Group: Financial Management Group
Recruiter: Amy Hillard
The Financial Management Group (FMG) is focused on managing Macquarie's funding and capital, while providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management. It ensures Macquarie continues to meet its financial regulatory and compliance obligations. The Finance Division supports Macquarie's operating groups by providing financial management and control, management reporting and forecasting, regulatory reporting and business advisory services. The division works closely with Treasury, Tax and Investor Relations to support each of Macquarie's Operating Groups.
Macquarie is opening a Global Finance Services center in Jacksonville in early 2016, creating a range of highly skilled financial services jobs. Our Global Finance Services (GFS) team focuses on improving scalability and efficiency by centralizing Macquarie-wide finance activities and processes.
We are seeking candidates who are comfortable working in a collaborative environment with modern systems and technologies, who have a natural tendency to problem solve, and who continually think about improving the way things are done.
Macquarie is excited to be coming to Jacksonville - candidate interviews will commence in late 2015 with the Macquarie Jacksonville office opening in early 2016.
- Review month end provisions and deferred tax computations prepared by team to ensure tax balances are calculated and reported accurately
- Advise on tax provision, ETR, taxable income and deferred tax computations for more complex individual transactions for financial and management purposes.
- Maintain a close relationship with the Tax Compliance area in order to ensure the provision of necessary information for tax returns and other third-party reporting.
- Assist with development and testing of tax basis calculations based on balance sheet approach for book/tax differences and roll-forward accounting.
- Review deferred tax reports by category of temporary difference for accounting and regulatory capital purposes.
- Review tax payables and tax receivables reconciliations for cash flow and fx hedging purposes.
- Manage the relationship with Business Unit Finance and Legal Entity Controllers to understand accounting positions, transactions and new products; and highlight potential technical issues with transactions to these teams for both accounting and tax purposes.
- Develop and maintain relationships across functions and across offices to better understand, support and collaborate with teams across the business
- Work with the Tax Advisory team in reviewing Business Unit transactions and positions.
- Delegate incoming work to the team based on experience and task complexity
- Act as an escalation point for team regarding complex questions, obstacles and decisions
- Set expectations and key objectives, and provide feedback to junior members of the team
- Provide support and development to junior team members to enhance their effectiveness
Our business is to realize opportunities for our clients, stakeholders and staff, and is characterized by accountability and integrity. We are able to achieve this through the initiative and drive of each member of our team.
What this means about you:
- Bachelors Degree, in accounting and/or finance, Masters in Tax and/or CPA
- 6-7 years experience in a similar tax reporting role, preferably tax information reporting and operations related in funds management, and/or investment banking
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines, and guide team members on key priorities
- Strong communication skills, , ,
- Good interpersonal skills, capable of building effective working relationship across functions and offices
- Strong people leadership skills
- Focus on ensuring and enhancing quality in work products
- Sound decision making approach and comfort escalating when required
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership of key deliverables
- Desire to lead and guide others to achieve goals and objectives
- Places importance on enabling and supporting team members to maximize their capability
- Open communicator who is keen to share and receive knowledge
- Energized by the opportunity to build relationships across the business and globe and build collaboration
- Continuous drive to find and deliver on opportunities to improve the business
- Financial Services industry experience preferred
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, uniformed service, protected veteran status, a physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Print application form